Search the forum,

Discuss Unusual tap seat grinder wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GNNMartin

I have a tap which I believe was made in Italy probably more than 30 years ago. It is hard to turn off fully, even after replacing the washer, and I assume it needs the seat grinding. Unfortunately the thread into which one expects to screw the grinder does not match any of the threads on the grinder I have. Can anyone identify the thread, and ideally tell me where I can get a tap grinder that will screw into it, or best of all (a really long shot!) an adapter that will enable me to use the grinder I have.

The grinder thread needs to be (as near as I can measure) 19.7mm outside diameter, with a 1.2mm pitch. In case it helps someone to recognise the tap, the tap washer is 15mm diameter (I believe this is unusual in the UK). An adapter for my tap grinder would need to fit onto a shank 2.6mm in diameter.

Monument or Rothernberger tap reseating tools should work just as well?

I have quite a few different tap re-seaters, some are pretty old. Picked up from bootsales etc. are you anywhere near Salisbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unusual tap seat grinder wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock