Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Cylinder Pressure Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave knight

good evening folks. hope all is well.

i really need some help.

a customers Santon PP 300e unvented cylinders heating elements had failed. i drained and replaced said elements. after allowing the system to re-fill and re-heat, i was made aware that the hot water was very hot, but that the hot waters pressure wasn't very good at all. i checked the expansion vessels pressure to find it had none. i recharged the expansion vessel as best i could with the hand pump to hand, but still the hot water output pressure is pretty non existent.

i lack the knowledge and experience of you guys, despite having my unvented cert.

so can anyone help me?

the system was working fine to the best of my knowledge before the element failures.

im damned if me and google cant find the answer.

thanks in advance

Dave.

whats the incoming pressure and flow rate?

and some pics would help also

I'm afraid google never brings up last man is het (it i think in the shires). I'm afraid you have bought the jersey. I hope you charged enough to cover your unpaid time.

I'm with Tamz. Should have walked away if you don't know what you're doing or aren't qualified which is sounds like you are.

as i previously stated, i am qualified. i lack the experience and knowledge which comes from working as a plumber full time, which i currently dont.

i was under the impression that this website was for helping plumbers and the like. if everyone knew everything, then why does this exist?

i have done everything by the book, but there is clearly something i am missing.

but thank you for your reply.

what im charging for my time has nothing to do with anything sir, im merely after some help on something that has me stumped after i have done everything by the book. maybe one day ill have all the knowledge i need to not ask others for help, but until then.

thank you for your reply.

Dave,

Unfortunately because it being open forum we cannot get too far in depth. Shame you didn't post this up a few weeks ago, I was in Hitchin and would've happily popped along to take a butchers.

Spent a few happy hours in the half moon, the cock Inn and the sun while I was there....

Dave, wasn't meant as an insult but it's an easy fix that would have been covered on your training. These things can be dangerous.

Have you sorted this yet? You say you have poor pressure, do you actually mean poor flow? Either way have you checked the cold water filter (strainer on the pressure reduced)? This should be the first check! And if possible check the flow rate into this by connecting a temporary hose and filling a bucket.

Dave,

Unfortunately because it being open forum we cannot get too far in depth. Shame you didn't post this up a few weeks ago, I was in Hitchin and would've happily popped along to take a butchers.

Spent a few happy hours in the half moon, the cock Inn and the sun while I was there....

Didnt invite me for a beer :thumbs_down:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Cylinder Pressure Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock