Search the forum,

Discuss unvented cylinder tepid hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Pugh

HI Guys i had a unvented cylinder fitted onto my existing system boiler some years. The guy that fitted it didnt install an expansion vessel he just left the F+E tank in the loft. so we just have mains pressure hot water while the central heating is an open system. Anyway a month ago hot water two way port valve on cylinder didnt work. so ive changed the valve head and it seemed to sort it. recently ive only got tepid water from hot tap. two way valve opens when i demand hot water. pump seems to kick in just fine. so im at a loss why the water isnt that hot. checked the temp setting on cylinder and when i turn temp down . valve shuts and pumps stops so can i assume the stat is working properly. Is there anything else i can check before i call in the experts!!. im a bit worried the could be a crack in the coil of the cylinder??? but then im thinking the incoming mains water would make the F+E tank overfill. could it be a faulty stat?? but when i adjust the temp lower the pump etc switches off. So it seems its working. was thinking its the boiler but when i switch the heating on boiler fires up and stays on unlike the hot water where the boiler fires up and stays on for 5 mines then turns off. Im away for a week tomorrow so my daughter will have to cope i suppose but im clueless what to look for. Suppose ill call an engieer out when i get back but its bugging the hell out of me.. anyone got any ideas!!! i must be missing something obvious!!!. be gentle with your replies..lol

As it's an unvented system (cylinder) you need to be G3 to work on them

Best advice I could give is get a local G3 engy out to have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented cylinder tepid hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock