Search the forum,

Discuss unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrdog

hi

do you need to inform building control if you are replacing an existing unvented hot water cylinder with a new unvented hot water cylinder . i can fill out the benchmark paperwork , with bpec cert number. do i have to bother letting building control know as its a swap for the same system. my understanding is that you dont need to let them know.

regards mark

Are you G3 qualified? If so, you can self-certify as a member of a Competent Persons Scheme. If not, it needs to be notified even if it's a straight swap.

thanks for the quick reply , ive been on the one day unvented course and had the bpec qualification for that . (g3 twice know) i havent joined a cps as when i have installed unvented cylinders in the past building control have been on the job already . (ive been doing this for 27 years so it grates a bit to have another load of subs to pay to another organisation!!) its just this job has no building control on it , so i thought a swap was ok .

thanks for the quick reply , ive been on the one day unvented course and had the bpec qualification for that . (g3 twice know) i havent joined a cps as when i have installed unvented cylinders in the past building control have been on the job already . (ive been doing this for 27 years so it grates a bit to have another load of subs to pay to another organisation!!) its just this job has no building control on it , so i thought a swap was ok .

I may be wrong - it's worth checking with local authority / BPEC...

If your Gas Safe then notify through them for a small cost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I'm looking to install an unvented cylinder in my property. I initially hired a plumber who expressed interest in the job, but later cancelled, citing "building regulations" as the reason, specifically regarding the discharge pipe and its location. Subsequently, I reached out to my second...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock