Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented HW/CH system newbie advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, newbie here.

I'm after some guidance and advice regarding my system - I have an unvented HW tank heated by a Potterton Suprima boiler installed in the kitchen, HW cylinder in the loft. Used to be a vented system I think as the old boiler is still in the loft and there is evidence of things being changed around, plus I found the old header tanks in the garden whilst clearing it

First of all - can someone explain what pipes are feeding what from the pictures? My previous house was a combi system so I'm still trying to get my head around the system since moving in in July. I've marked a couple up after needing to change some taps.

How do know what pressure the CH is running at and if it's full?

Also, I'm going to start the decorating soon (yay...) and want to remove the radiators. Do I need to top the CH circuit back up like a combi system? Or are the HW and CH circuit linked? From what I've read I understand the boiler circuit is sealed from the tap feeds?

20171130_213723.jpg

20171130_213814.jpg

20171130_213801.jpg

Any chance of a pic of the cylinder?

Ta sorry to be a pain any chance of a pic of the new boiler ?

In your loft is there a little plastic tank ?

Y plan open vent by the look of it , the cylinder is a combination unit with a cold water storage tank on top there must be a small feed and expansion tank to fill and vent the heating somewhere the airjek and heating pipework layout is what identifies it. cheers kop

Ah ok cool thanks. I can hear the HW fill back up if I use any from the taps. Would there a separate feed for the CH and HW circuit?

Yes seperate feeds for heating and hot water each has its own tank supply feeding it . kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented HW/CH system newbie advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after 2 days the water in the Overhead tank is gone red. The Ground floor rads are piping hot and the upstairs are Luke warm bleed the rads still no joy...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Hello I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve. The header tank in the loft is OK and has water in it. When the 3 way valve is in the mid setting the pump and pipes are quiet, and in the CH setting all is quiet. But when its in the HW...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
I posted in summer as HW system banged when cooing down it is now even worse once CH is cooing down but it's common between both systems any ideas folks, desperate now. Potterton combi boiler 10 yr old inherited 4 yr ago when I bought house, no issues until earlier this yr.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock