Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Indirect Slimline Vs Pre-Plumbed Unvented Indirect Cylinder Which One !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

masterkik

Unvented Indirect Slimline Vs Pre-Plumbed Unvented Indirect Cylinder !!!!

Hi,

I need to put a mega flo type of Unvented Indirect cylinder in a kitchen larder unit, so need some advise on what options to consider as not too sure what would fit and would be a better solution. Hence have listed a few questions below:

1) How do i work out what size cylinder I need, as have two shower rooms and 1 bathroom with tub but never use it, and the house has 5 bedrooms and believe that 210L should be sufficient but need someone's advise on this

2) To fit the cylinder into a kitchen larder unit need to look for the slimmest option cylinder, as don't know how much space will the pipes take after the cylinder, as slimline cylinders are about 500mm in depth

3) Would a pre-plumbed cylinder be a better option instead of a slimeline and then worry about pipes taking up more space, but then cost of the cylinder goes up and not too sure how much would the plumber really save on pipes and time.

4) Which brand should I go for ?, and what should I look for when deciding as so many choices available which makes it more confusing.

Hope to hear back soon, thanks.

Regards

KK

What does your plumber recommend? Please make sure he has his unvented ticket. These must be installed by someone qualified and are notifiable.

Re: Unvented Indirect Slimline Vs Pre-Plumbed Unvented Indirect Cylinder !!!!

See the reply to your other thread on the same subject.

Your plumber will work all that out for you
That's what you pay him for

Hi,

I have checked and unvented and indirect is fine, but I really need someone to answer the questions I have mentioned which would really help decide and then can purchase accordingly thanks.

Regards

KK

Hi,

The plumber is sub-contracted by my builder and every time I ask he will come around but have been waiting for a while, plus I agreed that builder put in a mega flo and if I wanted an upgrade or something different then I deduct a certain amount and get my own hence the question.

Regards

KK

Hi,

The plumber is sub-contracted by my builder and every time I ask he will come around but have been waiting for a while, plus I agreed that builder put in a mega flo and if I wanted an upgrade or something different then I deduct a certain amount and get my own hence the question.

Regards

KK

As I already said get your plumber to do this
Only the one on site be able to help

Threads merged and tidied. OP, you only need to ask the question once.

Hi Masterkik

Please don't think that we are being deliberately difficult, but there are two problems here:

Firstly, it really is almost impossible to give sensible and relevant advice without the kind of detail that only a site survey can provide.

Secondly, however sensible you are, and accepting your word that your installer has the relevant qualifications to install such a unit, this is a public forum, and the advice given to you can be read by anyone with an internet connection. Some of them may not be as sensible as you, and such people may fall into that modern trap of thinking that a bit of internet research is a good substitute for proper training and qualification.

Since an incorrectly installed unvented cylinder is simply a bomb waiting to go off, no one is going to want to get involved in maybe causing that to happen.

The only question I feel comfortable answering is the capacity one. 210 litres is *probably* ok. If it was me and I could get 250 or even 300 litres in, then I would. But 210 should be fine.

Always get your own plumber/gas engineer in, never rely on a builder to do this, as it is not in your best interest.

This actually applies to all trades, let the builder dig holes and stack bricks on top of each other, thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Indirect Slimline Vs Pre-Plumbed Unvented Indirect Cylinder Which One !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock