Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented System, Caleffi Pressure Relief Valve Issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have an unvented system and in the cupboard where the hot water cylinder is there is a mains pressure cold water feed, this goes through a 3bar cold water control valve / 6bar PRV combo before going into the hot water cylinder (see pic 1 & 2).

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

The relief side of the PRV is dripping (almost a steady stream) into the tun dish at the back bottom corner.

I had this same issue in August and replaced the PRV for a new one and it solved the issue. However, it is back.

The PRV shouldn't fail in 4 months should it?

Could there be another underlying problem in that the PRV is actually working correctly and that it is relieving high pressure?

The cold water control valve is a 3 bar unit and as such should restrict the downstream pressure to 3 bar correct? Do these control valves ever have reliability issues?

Mains water pressure is approx 5 bar.

Look forward to some advice :)

T.

Hi Tom
Do you possess a Part G ticket sometimes call un-vented ticket ?

I know you don't because if you did you would not be asking, unfortunately to work on these system you must have had the training & assessment to do the work safely.

So we regret that we can not provide information that would encourage you to break the Law & put you & yours in danger.

You need to call a plumber & please ask to see their current card for the Part G.

Last edited:
It is illegal to work on unvented units without qualification, so you need to get a G3 qualified person to fix the unit. It is supposed to be serviced once every year for safety and to keep the long warranty and also to keep the unit working fully

easy fix but unless your qualified cant give advise sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented System, Caleffi Pressure Relief Valve Issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to turn the pressure relief valve it would not turn at all, as it usually would. My shower has been dripping in the bathroom next door , could in anyway...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
W
Hi all. So I have an OSO Super SXD 180 immersion heater and it is pouring a huge amount of water out of the cold water pressure relief valve regardless of whether the tank is heating or not. We're talking litres a minute currently. I have replaced the valve which changed nothing. I have...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock