Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent Help Please! :) Twin/Double Entry Valve - Return pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'd appreciate some advice pretty urgently please.

Our house has a rare (apparently) radiator system in that is has twin/double entry return valves. Rather old. Been told only 1 in every 10000 homes still have these.

Anyway. Trying to remove one of the radiators ready for wall plastering. However the return pipe seems to be attached/jammed in the value so as I try to remove the radiator it tries to pull the return pipe with it, i.e. pull it out of the radiator.

Any advice on how I disconnect the return pipe from the value. Please see image.

20180330_1030261.jpg

Many thanks in advance

Dar

Hello Dar,
The pipe just screws out. It is just turned into a threaded socket when installed and it cuts a thread into the pipe.
Just grip it and screw it anti-clockwise out, if it doesn't just pull out as some will.
Terrible valves!

Hello Dar,
The pipe just screws out. It is just turned into a threaded socket when installed and it cuts a thread into the pipe.
Just grip it and screw it anti-clockwise out, if it doesn't just pull out as some will.
Terrible valves!

Hi thanks. I did tentatively try this earlier with no joy but I'll give it another go!

There difficult enough at the best of times as you need to lift & move the rad 9" or more horizontally away from the valve to clear the flow pipe but I suspect yours is wedged in tight as it a DP rad.

Last edited:
All good:) It was just in there tighter than a dog's arse lol. Managed to get a set of grips in there and wiggle it free.

Feeling relieved lol

Thanks for your comments.

put a hack saw through it, take radiator away, pull tube out of radiator, when replacing put a bit of 10mm plastic tube in radiator same length as removed pipe and then stretch over radiator insert pipe when radiator is replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent Help Please! :) Twin/Double Entry Valve - Return pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock