Search the forum,

Discuss Urinal conundrum on flush pipe leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, I have some urinals which have Ll the wastes and flush pipes concealed. They are a bloody nightmare to fix a leak when they go wrong. The panel is too long to get your arm behind it to tighten traps etc. Now the little flush cones that come with it do not fit in. When I told the manufacturer they said I should just use silicone. I don't want to do this as if it does not stop them from leaking it will be a mess to clean up. So, anyone know where I can get some urinal flush cones? Or should I just use silicone?

Cheers chaps

Normally get rubber ones to fit and I agree something wrong if you have to use a tube of silicone

you can get the smaller internal ones

There the ones I am talking about. They are loose in the hole. Tried a bit of plumbers mait around it but still not getting a good seal

Have you tried the clear plastic ones ? Normally one of the two works

I agree with shaun the clear plastic /nylon type ones seem to work better adding sealant is just a quick fix , bracketing is also important drainage pipework expands and contracts alot good luck . kop

Have you tried the clear plastic ones ? Normally one of the two works

I have only used the ones that come with the urinals and they are the rubber ones. Where would I get the clear plastic ones for the urinal flush pipe? I only can find for toilet flush pipes?

I agree with shaun the clear plastic /nylon type ones seem to work better adding sealant is just a quick fix , bracketing is also important drainage pipework expands and contracts alot good luck . kop
Lots of clips on the pipework so no movement in that regard.

Hello again. Can anyone tell me where to get the urinal flush cones as i have looked online and cannot find them any where. Oh, just had a thought, i shall try croydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urinal conundrum on flush pipe leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock