Search the forum,

Discuss Using plastic pipe on flow and return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pal

I have to move a hot water storage cylinder to a new location. The new location is somewhat further from the boiler and the route is trickier. To that end I have considered using 22mm plastic pipe for the flow and return, it should have less thermal loss and be considerably easier to route. Its an unvented system so the working pressure should be no more than 1.5 bar under NORMAL conditions but in the case of a problem will go up to the over-pressure valve limit (which I am considering setting down to 2.5 bar). What is bothering me is the combination of temperature and potentially elevated pressure on the joints, I don't want them popping. Has anyone got any comments.

Please search the Internet for G3 registered.

You need to be qualified to work on an unvented cylinder. Get someone in to move it.

Totally agreed illegal for you to work on if you aren't qualified to do so. These things are like a bomb waiting to go off if installed incorrectly

Are we talking about the just the heating side of the hot water cylinder or is the domestic side unvented as well ?

TBH working on either side it would be a notifiable installation under Part G & L of the Building Regulations you may think you understand what is required to move the cylinder however unless you have undertaken both the Part L & G courses & are classed as a "Competent Person" you are putting yourself & the people around you at risk as well as breaking the Law.

"A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing" never has a this been more applicable than in the case of unvented systems.

Please get someone who fully understands what they are doing & please ask to see their un-vented Part G card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Using plastic pipe on flow and return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock