Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant combicompact ecomax - excessive noise from cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skysparky

HELLO ALL,
WHENEVER THIS BOILER STARTS FROM COLD IT "POPS", "BANGS", AND "MOANS".
IT ONLY APPEARS TO DO THIS WHEN HOT WATER IS SELECTED AS WELL AS HEATING. - THE HOTWATER OUTLET IS CONNECTED TO A MEGAFLOW CYLINDER VIA A MOTORISED VALVE AS WELL AS DIRECT HOT TAP FLOW.
WOULD I BE CORRECT IN ASSUMING THAT THE BOILER DHW HEAT EXCHANGER IS KETTLING ??
CAN ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE AS TO THE ACTION NEEDED TO RECTIFY ?
CAN THE DHW HEAT EXCHANGER BE REMOVED AND DESCALED MAYBE ?
IS IT LIKELY THIS COULD BE A FLOW PROBLEM OR ANYTHING MORE SINISTER.:confused:

PLEASE HELP - I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP PAST 05.30 WHEN THIS HAPPENS !!!

THE BOILER IS APPROX 7 YEARS OLD IN A HARD WATER AREA - BUT HAS GOT FERNOX INSTALLED.

ANY HELPFULL ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED -

MANY THANKS:cool:

could be sludge you may need a de-scale vent some water from a rad what colour is it?are you getting constant air and yes if you live in a hard water area you may have a scaled up plate heat

Thanks for your reply Gas Man,
The water from the rads is clear - I am getting constant air yes and losing a small amount of pressure.
Can I add a de-scaler and if so what would you suggest ?

Thanks again.
Skysparky

as a descaler fernox or sentinel x 800 the later can be very aggressive next time you bleed air out of a rad very carefully see if it burns it wont be air it will be nitrogen a side effect of corrosion

Hello there, I went to a customers house where they have a turbomax plus 828 and the problem they have is the 2 downstairs radiators only get hot from the top and not the bottom. I have inserted sentinel x400 and left it for 2 weeks. All the radiators are less than 2 years old and only the downstairs pipework is new. I will be going back to the house in the next couple of days to drain out the chemical. If this does not solve the issue I am in 2 minds whether to tell the customer it is a poor pump or needs a power flush. Also I failed to mention when the customer had the rads and the downstairs pipework redone the installer never inserted inhibitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant combicompact ecomax - excessive noise from cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and filter, new pump, plus new Hive. Did full power flush of all 5 radiators before the installation. It has been 10days and boiler stil not working...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
Evening everyone, We've been having some issues with hot water coming from our Grant Vortex 21 boiler (external, oil fired, no cylinder) Water has been getting progressively colder over the past couple of months to the point where the little one struggles to have a bath. The hot water pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm looking at installing a new central heating system with UHF on the ground floor and normal rads on the 1st Floor. The design was initially to have at its heart an Ideal System Boiler and a Telford Tempest 500l Indirect Cylinder but I'm considering changing/modifying this design to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock