Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant eco plus 837 System loosing pressure. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008.

It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system.

The boiler has been loosing pressure before christmas and I was getting the F75 code. I put in a new water pressure switch and I thought all would be good. But it is still happening again. At the same time I charged the EV and there were no signs the EV had a leak (valve not weeping water).

I am stumped as to where the boiler is leaking. We have no leaks anywhere in the house. I have checked all the rads and nothing is weeping. We have no staining. The ground floor is solid, so the pipe work runs above the floor, apart from the 2 rads in the new extension part. However, I can isolate these rads and turn off the supply to them. We still get a drop in pressure. So these are not leaking under the floor.

Can the boiler have a secret leak ? I see no water inside the boiler itself.

Is this a clue ? Early Dec my wife left the top up valve open for about 2 h's !!!!! I'd shown her how to top up, but she just left it open.

The boiler was stuck at 2.9bar when I got there to shut it off. The blow off pipe had not fired. So where was all the water going for about 2h's ? We had no leaks in the house.

I am thinking the leak might be connected to the condensate pipe which is plugged straight into the soil stack. Could all this water have been going out that way and would this also mean our leak is connected to this area ?

Reply to Vaillant eco plus 837 System loosing pressure. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock