Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec 624 slowly losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

My Vaillant 624 has been slowly losing pressure over 2 weeks. I filled up to 1.5 bars. when the heating turned on it increased to 2.0 bars. I then noticed over a period of 2 weeks or so it has slowly dropped to 0.9 bars.

There is no obvious leaks around the radiator pipes. I bled all the radiators and they are working fine.

The copper pipe outside doesnt seem to have any water dripping.

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks for your opinions.

If there is no obvious leak neither damp patches on ceilings or walls then it's time to hire a certified plumber engineer.
Have an engineer pressure up the system to see if its the system or the boiler, unless you feel comfortable enough to do it on your own. Then isolate the boiler overnight on the flow and return pipes without a demand and see if the pressure drops, if yes its most likely the boiler itself, if not then its the system.

How old is the boiler ? When was the last boiler service?

Hi. Thanks.

It's vaillant ecotec 624 system boiler. I can fill up the pressure to 1.4 and see what happens. Not sure how to isolate it on flow and returns so prob will get someone to have a look? Or can it be done by hut switching off heating and water?

Best to get someone in tbh

As above, you may damage something and it will cost in the end much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant ecotec 624 slowly losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock