Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec pro 28 HOT water too hot. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Routine service today on an ecotec pro 28. Everything went fine but i noticed the customer had his hot water set at 40 degrees on the boiler...but when running the hot tap it was coming out at 69 degrees..even in p.01.
i looked at the diagnostic codes and D.003 was set at -99 degrees and D.006 was 50 degrees if i remember correctly. The boilers under warranty so i just told customer to call vaillant out.

But id still like to know what the problem actually was for future referance?

P.01 is maximum rate, so it will heat up above whatever you have the temp set too on the display.
The Pro also doesn't have a HW outlet temp sensor, so the desired set temp (D6) and actual outlet temp (D3 on an EcoTec Plus) might not marry up perfectly.

Even if it wasnt in p.o1 and i set temp to 40 degrees it would still dish out 70 degrees...surely not right? Cheers for reply...

It uses the primary return NTC to get a rough idea of what the temp is. So if the NTC is faulty/not pushed tightly against the pipe you may get similar issue.

I think, on a eco tec when put into p.01 it will go to max rate regardless of what it's been set to via the display. I would of thought the manual would state this.

I didn't see the p.01 comments above. In p.01 it will work max rate.
Gas rate it. Check s codes when working normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant ecotec pro 28 HOT water too hot. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock