Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec pro hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

I have a Vaillant eco tec pro 28 at home.
Good boiler, no real problems as of yet.

The only thing is when we run the hot water for the washing up etc it will go hot for a couple of minutes then go cold until I open up tap more. then go hot again.

I haven't really touched up on boilers in college yet, but I am thinking, could this be a small blockage in the heat exchanger?

Its not a massive issue but would like to know your thoughts on this because it will help me with my learning also.

Another thing is, I would like to powerflush the CH system as I had a leak the other day on a TRV and the water was filthy black. so would like to flush it and treat it. The rads are piped up in microbore (which I Hate) but is it ok to flush with microbore or in your experiences does it cause more problems than its worth.

Thanks Guys

I would fit a filter then go for a mains flush, then chemical flush.
You might block the micro bore with a power flush.

I would fit a filter then go for a mains flush, then chemical flush.
You might block the micro bore with a power flush.

Thanks Scott_d, I currently have a Spirotech filter which I flushed through the other day after I fixed the leak.

I have been looking at the magnaclean2, I don't really like these Spirotechs to be honest.

With a mains flush, can I attach hose to lowest rad drain cock and run into outside drain and open filling loop?

Cheers mate

You could use the drain in the spirotech or a rad drain off

Make sure you are not pushing the water and sludge through the boiler

Flush each rad individually

IMO spiros ars built superbly but dont work .
Magna pro 2 on my installs .
I dont think you can power flush micro bore , but you could use a magna-cleanse on it , if you fit a magna filter

Your diagnosis is spot on now the tricky bit how to clean it out , hotflush ,cold flush , chemical clean for a week, hotflush , cold flush again take out the plate put in a bucket and powerwash it out , rebuild, fill add inhibitor vent job done .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant ecotec pro hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock