Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant opentherm compatibility in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattsie1987

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello lads are these Vaillant only controls for comp or are they opentherm compatible, seeing mixed opinions and some saying an ebus adapter is required? Cheers

Vaillant is ebus only. Not open therm
Mate. I use Vaillant’s cheap RF plug in stat. It is boiler plus compliant. I say cheap but it isn’t.

Vaillant is ebus only. Not open therm
Mate. I use Vaillant’s cheap RF plug in stat. It is boiler plus compliant. I say cheap but it isn’t.

Which one bud? Looking at the honeywell rf2 pack 1 it's about 140 and complies with optimisation and automation but needs opentherm to do load comp aswell

Which one bud? Looking at the honeywell rf2 pack 1 it's about 140 and complies with optimisation and automation but needs opentherm to do load comp aswell
VRT350F mate. If you are going down the route of a stat. Then the only ones you can fit on a Vaillant are the Vaillant ones.

This one mate.

F883E62A-43CF-4EA2-A0BD-10F95A010141.jpeg

Mmmm wish they'd make something more simple click in receiver with programmer in built and a basic wireless digi stat with an override button . It could do load comp from that. The problem I find is that their existing controls are capable of much more than combi heating control and it just baffles customers and is stressful showing them how to adjust the times ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant opentherm compatibility in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock