Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant robbing business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Wondering if any of you have experienced this?

we have fitted around 70 vaillants in the last 2 years and they ask the question when you call to register "will you be carting out future servicing"

we we always say yes so as far as I am concerned that means Vaillant shouldn't be sending my customers service contracts for future servicing on a boiler we fitted.

a customer infomed me that this has happened shortly after I registered the warranty.

i phoned to complain and was told there system shows it has not been sent and they were concerned as to why this happened and have requested a copy of the paperwork.

i am going to try and obtain a copy to send them but I think it's disgusting a boiler manufacturer is stealing engineers business who endorse there products.

i will not be fitting any more vaillants if this is the case and will move on to Worcesters or similar as long as they are not playing the same game.

heard alot about this and few friends in the business saying vaillant are sneaking in stealing customers. Bad form on their behalf .. get the evidence you need and get into em! robbing gits

It seems quite a few of the manufacturers are either pinching the work themselves or selling the information on.

I'm sure I won't have much effect on vaillants overall sales figures but if that's the case I'm going to find a manufacturer who doesn't think it's okay to steal business.

by looks of things youre not the only one mate .. loads unhappy with them only heard 2 lads chelping on in the merchants this morning

Best to get together and ask them straight out, just what the situation is, via the forum?

Only issue I've had is them offering a warranty when it's out of guarantee.

It's been mentioned by loads of members on the forum in the past, not only vaillant but other manufacturers to. It's unethical practice, and I for one avoid these companies where possible.

Why should you have to tick a box or tell a company you don't want them to shaft you up the rump, you should have to tick the box or request such shafting.

I'm going to send them this letter if my customer will let me have it and see what excuse they come up with but if it happens again after my complaint it's definitely bye bye Vaillant which is a shame because I like the boilers.

I'm going to send them this letter if my customer will let me have it and see what excuse they come up with but if it happens again after my complaint it's definitely bye bye Vaillant which is a shame because I like the boilers.

ask them why you have to tell them to not steal your customer or tick a box instead of you asking them/ giving them permission.

It's not valliant it's homeserve, they register warranty and keep custards location , saves boiler companies some admin

I'm a bit dubious about fitting Baxi,s since the pcb, fan and water catcher thingy above the fan because the flues leek debacle.

I have drawn this thread to the attention of a senior member of Vaillant's management team. Whilst his response was personal and not for publication, I think its fair to say that he was not unaware of the criticisms, nor oblivious to the strong feelings that it arouses in some quarters.

Yeh said the same to director awhile ago from ideal ....... He was less than attentive

All the manufactures do it, even when they say they don't!!

i know for certain that Alpha and Ideal do it, and complaining to them or the rep don't get you no where!

cant see Intergas doing this, bulk of their techies are subbies working for too little :)

cant see Intergas doing this, bulk of their techies are subbies working for too little :)

No, it won't be intergas doing it. It will be the subbies. I've seen it happen over and over again with the smaller boiler companies.

This only makes sense for a company that directly employs engineers. They don't know what to do with them from May to September.

I think it's all part of a bigger picture to push us small guys out of business eventually by controlling the market.

they have every customers details that have had a boiler fitted in the last few years. This database will only get bigger.

If vaillant are doing this along with other manufacturers also I think the only answer is to not recommend their products. A reduction in sales due to the above may make them change their mind on it.

If everyone lets them mug us off they will keep doing it.

What makes anyone think gas safe wont end up doing the exact same thing assuming they dont allready.
Selling install details that is.

Worcester are guilty I am sure. We do work for a couple of insurance companies and we have a lot of Worcesters and vaillants on the books. We also have a lot of eaga jobs so they must have sold out their customer details at some point.

Far less Baxi or Ideal logics (lots of isars from eaga) than anything else. Also noticed we seem to target new build estates as within a couple years we are on them.

Data protection act should stop this

I don't think that the DPA would stop them using the information internally. It might limit how they can sell it externally, but I'm not sure - it may be that some of the data is actually public domain, since registration is mandatory.

Even mandatory information needs to be stored securely, as it's personal

I don't think that the DPA would stop them using the information internally. It might limit how they can sell it externally, but I'm not sure - it may be that some of the data is actually public domain, since registration is mandatory.
I was thinking along the lines of them arguing that the info is allready in the public domain but I dont know if that would simply be limited to the boiler installed and the address of installation no customer names telephone numbers etc.

Even mandatory information needs to be stored securely, as it's personal

I was thinking along the lines of them arguing that the info is allready in the public domain but I dont know if that would simply be limited to the boiler installed and the address of installation no customer names telephone numbers etc.

I'm quite sure that, whatever their other failings, the hyper-process driven Vaillant group with their highly paid corporate lawyers will have their legal ducks firmly in a row.

They sub let the info collection to home serve, home serve can use it as they do and it's them who take your custards

I'm sure I won't have much effect on vaillants overall sales figures but if that's the case I'm going to find a manufacturer who doesn't think it's okay to steal business.

Best of luck with that, they are all doing it, got to find work for own engineers.

Data protection act should stop this

I spoke one of my custard re the corgi insurance thing. Apparently as long as they don't use the customers name it's legal!
so when the current franchise holders of gas safe lose it, they'll do the same.

My mother gets letters from a few companies linked to ideal trying to get her to have her ideal boiler on a service plan, shes got a baxi installed.

Im guess the top boys in vaillant could not care less about the small installer. Silence says alot, carrying on such behaviour just tells you all you need to know about how they view its own customers the installers.

vote with your feet guys or just bend over and grease yourself up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant robbing business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock