Search the forum,

Discuss Vailliant 824 f64 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all. I have been to change a pump on a vailliant ecotec plus 824 as water was not circulating and the boiler kept cutting out. Also when I opened the pump vent it sprayed straight into my face so couldn't check to see if it was turning.

Any way, changed the pump and it started ok but had the same problem. Then it just started giving me the f64 fault. Random at 1st but now continuously.

Hmmm

Have you got the vaillant app?
It give solutions to fault codes
I will look it up in a mo

I didn't know there was one. Got the manual, says flow NCT short or faulty pcb. Not sure why changing the pump would cause any issues

IMG_2284.PNG

Did you get things wet when you changed the pump?
Why did you change the pump? was it faulty?

No, I always keep a towel over the pcb and have my wet vac at hand. And I always check before I turn on to see if any water did get in.

Yeah, changed the pump as the bearings were goosed. I could not ooennthe bleed button on it as water was gushing out.

So looks like I will be changing the pcb this morning. Will put in reconditioned one. Maybe also take flow sensor and harness but I doubt it will be a short circuit there.

Can I get some reassurance?

Cheers fellas

Check the thermistors with your meter and check through the wiring harnesses too. I would be looking for a short circuit. If you cannot find one, the Board sounds favourite in my mind but it is Saturday Morning and I'm on tick over

Update guys. Changed the plate on this and all is working well now. I got there in the end.

Cheers for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vailliant 824 f64 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock