Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant fault F75 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi we had a new boiler installed 4.5 years ago (Valiant eco). We did not replace the old radiators but did have new pipes installed. We now have the fault F75 and a boiler that does not work. Of course we are out of warranty. We have been told that the problem might be that the old radiators have been producing rust which has caused the fault in the boiler. Although this does have a bit of a logical feel about it i wondered if anyone had been told the same?

Hi we had a new boiler installed 4.5 years ago (Valiant eco). We did not replace the old radiators but did have new pipes installed. We now have the fault F75 and a boiler that does not work. Of course we are out of warranty. We have been told that the problem might be that the old radiators have been producing rust which has caused the fault in the boiler. Although this does have a bit of a logical feel about it i wondered if anyone had been told the same?
Is it definitely out of warranty !??? Is it an eco-tec pro or plus. Can't hurt to call Vaillant and just double check. The F.75 error would lean potentially towards what you're saying you will need a gas safe engineer to fix it though

Bob we don't give information relating to the internal workings of boilers in the open forum

Sorry what internal workings are you referring to. Vaillant recommend the expansion vessel should be checked during service

If it had been serviced, this along with many other things would have been checked.

Who told you that it is the rads that's caused the problem? This is a common fault that I've had many many times over even on brand new heating systems.

Why they haven't solved this problem by now I don't know. I always ranked Vaillant as one of the best boilers but now I just think they are overpriced tat.

Sorry what internal workings are you referring to. Vaillant recommend the expansion vessel should be checked during service

The ones inside the boiler that you are making reference to

I cannot believe the comment that Vaillant the best boiler on the market are tat. I can only assume that the person who Made this comment works for another lesser boiler manufacture .
i fit well over 100 boilers a year as williams and co will confirm and the only time I have come accross this problem was when a few years back Vaillant changed from grunfoss to another manufacturer, they very soon changed back.
also your comments don't solve the problem that the person who posted the inquiry asked, which I thought was the point of the forum. Bob Edmunds

I cannot believe the comment that Vaillant the best boiler on the market are tat. I can only assume that the person who Made this comment works for another lesser boiler manufacture .
i fit well over 100 boilers a year as williams and co will confirm and the only time I have come accross this problem was when a few years back Vaillant changed from grunfoss to another manufacturer, they very soon changed back.
also your comments don't solve the problem that the person who posted the inquiry asked, which I thought was the point of the forum. Bob Edmunds

You'll need to log back in properly Bob.

We're not hear to give potentially dangerous advice as per the sticky. That being said, I don't think Vaillants are all that bad at all.

Bob we don't need to check how many boilers you fit. No matter what you fit or don't fit on this forum you MUST be logged in when posting, we NEVER give DIY boiler repair advice on the open forum, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions on boiler manufacturer. Some people on here even love intergas for crying out loud!

Vaillant boilers, arent they the ones with exploding rubber pipes???? like gloworms.... which I also consider to be tat.

I fit a fair few myself mate, and they ain't what they used to be. I've got loads with combustion vibration, they the engineers can't fix.

Do you find flue seals fail frequently??

No, not had that. Had that on loads of Baxi,s though. The odd leaky diverter, but mainly combustion vibration. Had new gas valves fitted, but no joy.

9 out 10 times the gas vale won't cure it, try increasing the minimum fan speed and if it's a plus go into the d codes and adjust the mixture.......... As for the flue joints the was a problem with the inner seal on the 45* bends

9 out 10 times the gas vale won't cure it, try increasing the minimum fan speed and if it's a plus go into the d codes and adjust the mixture.......... As for the flue joints the was a problem with the inner seal on the 45* bends

Can you pm me the method, I've tried to ask Vaillant how to do that. But they say Vaillant engineers only.

Actually now you mention it I have had a few 45*s leak fluid. I just smeared silicon on them.

I used to work for a company that used to fit hundreds of Vaillant and Worcesters each year and had nothing but problems with the vaillants, pumps, diverters, f75 faults and rumbling burners were the most common.

To me they are over expensive tat and I even told the rep about it. I do think they are better than Worcester though.

I don't work for another manufacturer I am actually self employed so now I have the choice of which boiler I can recommend so I recommend Baxi.

I know a lot of people still think that Vaillant are a top boiler but in my opinion they are not any more and have not been since the 828 finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant fault F75 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock