Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant turbomax 824 no hot water possible diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a valiant turbomax 824e that is not producing hot water for the taps.
The central heating works fine, but if I have the CH on or off the hot water doesn't work reliably. It will sometimes fire up and produce some hot water for about 10/20 seconds but very rarely does really hot come out. When I turn the heating on the boiler fires up, Orange light goes on, and starts heating the water. but this does not happen when I just turn the hot water on, no Orange light and no hot water, or orange light comes on for a short period, a bit of warm water and eventually goes cold and light goes out.
I'm guessing it could be the diverter valve and I have changed the Heater exchange in the past 6 years ago.
We haven't changed the scale Inhibitor for a few years until now which will have caused issues.

Any ideas on test I can do to isolate the problem. I possibly could replace the diverter valve but would appreciate any advice before I make any changes.

Thanks Abe

Sorry but forum rules do-not allow us to give information on DIY Gas work, your options are to call a local Gas Safe registered engineer, or Vaillant Boilers service dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant turbomax 824 no hot water possible diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock