Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Van Insurance going crazy in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake

Blake Plumber GSR

Hey peeps,

Just had my van insurance renewal through:

Age 34
    9+ year NCB
    1 Claim
    Vauxhall Vivaro SWB

£645.00 fully comp!!!

it was £395 when I first bought the van!

Is anyone else experiencing a large jump in premiums and can anyone suggest a decent insurer with sensible rates :p

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. anz

anz Plumber GSR

Cheap Van Insurance: save £100s
    Quickly sever the cost of insuring your van with the new top picks.

The van insurance market is hotting up. While the comparison services have been under-developed compared to its little brother the car, things are starting to improve. How to cut the cost: The usual rules of lowering your risk with things like alarms and where you park apply; yet the two key steps are... Step 1: Combine Comparison Sites: The key is to maximise your results by combining these for as many quotes as possible in the shortest time, our latest full review shows this is the order (use as many as possible): GoCompare*, Confused* and TheBikeInsurer* (yes, it does vans), check as many as you've time for. Step 2: Grab Cashback: Once you know which company is cheapest for your quote - see if hidden cashback is available on it which could cut your costs by £100s more. FULL info in the Updated Guide: Cheap Van Insurance Related: Car Insurance, Home Insurance, Motorbike Insurance

3. REDSAW

REDSAW Guest

what this means is your underwriter is selling of the business of customers so they bump up the price to make the portfolio look good.

go else where i could get that down sub £300.
    good luck.

ps. never use comparison sites they all have the same underwriter so all you save on is the broker fees. eg try - 1st choice direct.

4. royston

royston Guest

Im exactly the same as you, same van and one year older at 35, mines same quote as you. Have you managed to find a cheaper quote, ive shopped around but the excess is pretty high on cheaper quotes.

5. Blake

Blake Plumber GSR

I ended up going to evan insurance. They were around £80 cheaper, no claims is guaranteed for life and you get free breakdown recovery :)

6. hihowudoin

hihowudoin Guest

7. Blake

Blake Plumber GSR

Well I've not had an issue with them, and besides I always cancel my insurance within the 14 days anyway and then just make a copy of the certificate just incase the cops pull me over. That's what we all do right? :)

8. oldplumber

oldplumber Guest

try the NFU, my vans cheap on there but I moved my land rover away as it cost too much! and I thought they dealt with these all the time

9. Blackcatgas

Blackcatgas Plumber GSR

2005 transit, dodgy postcode, 31 years old £410, I payed £330 last year!!, this is the first time since i started driving that my insurance has gone up instead of down.

10. poppyppop

poppyppop Guest

All insurance is on the up, vehicle, Daughters car, from 13 hundred to 22 hundred, shopped around, got it down to £1700, swapped postcode to my friends adress, now £1400.

My mate, taxi driver, insurance was £1200, they now want £2000. He tried elsewere and got it £400 cheaper, phoned his original ins up, told them he no longer needs their services, as he found it £ 400 cheaper, they replied they would do it for the same price. He told them "if you wasn't so greedy in the first place, you would still have my buisness"

11. Dan

Dan Admin