Search the forum,

Discuss Van repairs - finding garages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone else struggle with van repairs?
None of the local garages will work on vans and the main dealer is miles away

The starter motor on my Trafic needs replacing, just had quote for £500 from the only nearby garage that are interested

Mine's a car-derived van, 2004 model. I've had the alternator replaced no fuss when it died on me, and the brake load compensator freed off for an MOT. The coil springs, cambelt, driveshaft gaiters, and service items I did myself, but I doubt I'd struggle to find an interested garage.

Mine's a car-derived van, 2004 model. I've had the alternator replaced no fuss when it died on me, and the brake load compensator freed off for an MOT. The coil springs, cambelt, driveshaft gaiters, and service items I did myself, but I doubt I'd struggle to find an interested garage.
With the tinted windows?

I have a astra car derived van on a 10 plate just had the ignition barrel fail so a bit screwed , had the AA out who managed to free it off but i cant remove the key and have to leave it in position 2 or it jams again going to take 7-to 10 days to sort out by the vauxhall main dealer £150 , and to top that my mobile has stopped charging grrrr 2 weeks for a repair on that. Cheers kop

I have a astra car derived van on a 10 plate just had the ignition barrel fail so a bit screwed , had the AA out who managed to free it off but i cant remove the key and have to leave it in position 2 or it jams again going to take 7-to 10 days to sort out by the vauxhall main dealer £150 , and to top that my mobile has stopped charging grrrr 2 weeks for a repair on that. Cheers kop
My old car had the steering wheel lock key taped in (though you could remove it) with a separate key for the ignition. Eventually I repaired this situation, but I have to say it worked!

Does anyone else struggle with van repairs?
None of the local garages will work on vans and the main dealer is miles away

The starter motor on my Trafic needs replacing, just had quote for £500 from the only nearby garage that are interested
Do you know what's the exact name for the part you requir? And what car and model do you have

Got it back today. Had the starter motor replaced.
I found somewhere the other side of town t fix it for £320

Got it back today. Had the starter motor replaced.
I found somewhere the other side of town t fix it for £320
Perhaps I could have got the part cheaper than you got it here. I was thinking to help you out in ordering the right part and just pay the labour later on. Would have been cheaper for you. But I'm glad you solved it now and you are back on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van repairs - finding garages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have been given a quote to fix a noisy tap. Apparently they have to “replace breech to main shower” — which I understand to mean the thing one level behind any normal work on a tap. (“It is worn down and still has a small crack in it.”) “This will have to be done through the Gyprock wall...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock