Search the forum,

Discuss Variable flow Water Pump for instant water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is all getting very monotonous now imho

my current system give 5L hot water @ 55C,
if the unvent system can mix cold water to increase the flow, so do I.
If the unvent give event less than 5L per min whats the point of geting an unvent?

Could always fit an inline heater and pump on the shower hose.

Clever things.

Look for all the world like fan heaters.

Try taking a fan heater into the shower with you.

Low cost(£30), cheap to install (£0), high out put (3kW)(same power as an immersion)

Anything better than the kettle?

croppie:

If your water heater only draw 5A that mean it is using gas to boil the water,
the 5A pretty sure is not for the heating element
the 5A only for the control board+pump etc

and I dont even have gas in my flat so it is not a option

You can keep your dribbly 5l per minute and I'll stick with my 20l.

I'm out. For good this time.

how long your 20L per min last?
200L/20L=10min

That is a quick shower.

So professional advise is get a system that last 10min and take 3hours to recharge.

Well...

I bet those unvent fundamentalist have converted half of their house into boiler room if they have a big family.

Have a series of water tanks sit in the living room(converted into boiler room) in order to store their hot water.

Otherwise they all live in 1bed property with them self so never need to worry about running out of hot water.

The plusa coil link i have you acts as a combi, heats up the store of water and then runs mains through the coil to bring it up to temp.
it doesnt deplete the store with each use but gradually depletes the temp.

bigger the store the more instant hot water the coil can provide.

1king55:

Yes the boiler I have before is plusa coil do work like you said. It heat up the still water in tank(unchange) and the fresh water run through the hot still water.

That design provide higher pressure but what pull me off is the low output of the heating element (3kW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its more than sufficiant, youre not replaceing that water with mains so the lowest it would ever drop to would be room temp.

you only need the immersion to keep the temp up.
initually you need to leave it for a few hours to get up to temp but then it tops itself up.
that usually happens once.
unless you want to be special and turn it off after every use.

The reason storage heater so popular is because it use the power during the off-peak electricity in the night time,
It is good for government and power station but not good for user.

Cause the power station need to make sure able to provide the electricity at the peak demand
And most power station cant vary their output in short time ,like nuclear power station,
which is cheaper to run than those can vary output in short time, like gas power station
This mean government can end up building less power station.

Otherwise if the government set the domestic electric supply standard to 3phase 100A per phase
everyone will go to get a 3phase instant water heater which give enough hot water any time
no one will even bother to install a massive water tank which need to maintain,
cost more to transport,install and waste power to keep the temp

Does it explain it better now?

Gray0689:

If you like storage, your choice.
I dont like it. Used storage heater for 9 years and never happy about it.

But you dont ban people who not agree your opinion, I dont force anyone to install a instant system,
if you love waiting the water to boil, I dont stop you to do it.
Please respect other opinion!
How can keep saying unvert awsome, unvert great help? It is more like an unvert religion rather than the actual reason to support it.
It seem Only with detail/spec of the model are meaningful advise.

most ppl advise unvert just because they install more unvert than other system, a system easy to install doesnt mean good to use.
As I said above I explained why unvert storage set up is popular, but the advantage are only for the power company and the plumber install it, not the user.

If anyone can give a exact model/detail of set up for an electric powered unvert system that dont run out hot water in 2hours shower and take less than 20min to reheat,
I will apologies to each indivial member who recommended an unvert system.

Ahhh ducky.

go spend 2000 on an industrial water heater and stop trying to preach instant hot water.

we know the limits of it.

You are talking utter nonsense
The power you will need to have the water heated at the flow you want is only attainable by a boiler or a stored water heater ie direct unvented cylinder you have been told this on lots of occasions but choose to ignore the advice
You have been told not to do what you did as wont work
You did it anyway
Then come back asking advice on how to fix it
Case closed and I hope the thread lmao

I already get the flow I need, what you mean by "only attainable by a boiler or a stored water heater"?

I am not try to get an advise about "how to fix it", I am try to improve it.

The instant heater normally place within 2M from the shower head, as I place it in boiler room the hot water pump can restore the pressure lost when the water pass through the pipe.

The instant heater normally place within 2M from the shower head, as I place it in boiler room the hot water pump can restore the pressure lost when the water pass through the pipe.

No problem
Ill see you when your back asking how do I get the water hotter after I have added a pump to system
Look forward to reading it
Now I'm out lol

using your maths you are going to shower with 60degree hot water if you have an unvented cylinder? if so then your maths is correct but the third person wont be able to have a shower, they will be too busy taking the first two people to the burns ward of the local hospital.

chrispy duck LOL

or should i say chrispy duckyUC

Last edited:
And as for differences of opinion......

Only really works when both parties know what they're talking about.

The pulsa coil boiler do have an internal hot water pump to increase the pressure too, I cant see the why install a hot water pump will cause problem for the instant heater.
Since the pump can tune the output, I can get the increase pressure at the level I need without temp drop too much.

If you say no to the set up, please give a physical reason to it. Otherwise that will become the fight of religion again.

The pulsa coil boiler do have an internal hot water pump to increase the pressure too, I cant see the why install a hot water pump will cause problem for the instant heater.
Since the pump can tune the output, I can get the increase pressure at the level I need without temp drop too much.

If you say no to the set up, please give a physical reason to it. Otherwise that will become the fight of religion again.

What are you on

Gray0689:

For your problem , that is why I need a pump can tune the output to stop excess cold water flow.
Even In the worst case the pump wont make difference, but if the plan work then the whole system are way better than the storage idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Variable flow Water Pump for instant water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock