Search the forum,

Discuss vented central heating with a system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emc2

Hi, I have replaced my conventional boiler with a system boiler and an unvented hot water cylinder. The reason I opted for a system boiler was because I had a leak from the cold water storage tank while I was away on holiday. I did not want to have any storage vessel in the loft. However, the installer has left the central heating vented with a small expansion vessel in the loft. I was not told that it was possible to have a sealed central heating system. Is this setup common? Please let me know.

welcome to the forum.

The wording you have used makes it difficult to understand what you are saying.
is the system sealed or vented???

if there is an expansion vessel in the loft then presumably there is also central heating pipework in the loft, nothing wrong with that.
Not really clear what you are asking

Ask a gsr engineer to check your system if you have concerns.

Thanks for your replies. Sorry my post wasn't clear. The hot water cylinder is unvented and this has markedly improved the flow on the showers. The central heating is not pressurised. The central heating pipe work in the loft from the conventional system has been left untouched. The installer feels that converting the central heating into a sealed system might increase the risk of leaks, which is a fair point. I will post images asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vented central heating with a system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock