Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Boiler FF Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening,

wondering if any of you boiler engineers have any ideas. I had to move a bathroom radiator and couldn't do it without draining the system down. I turned the boiler off and then drained the central heating from a drain off. I completed pipework alterations, topped the water back up, bleed radiators (pressurised system) and put the boiler (viessmann 100) back on. I got a fault code FF. I reset the boiler but still keep getting an FF fault code. Any ideas? I can't see that I've personally done anything wrong or out of the norm.

Look forward to hearing your replies

Turn the boiler off and leave overnight sometimes they don't like being cycled on and off

If it still persists time to call a gas safe engy in

It sounds like you have drained the boiler too , it will need venting and or checking by a GS engineer.

Yup you need engineer, these boilers are sensitive to air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann Boiler FF Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but when/if it resets. the burner will refire without any boiler reset? If this fault code is up while in CH mode and there is a demand for HW, will the boiler...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop // Boiler fires but now the pressure runs up from 1.5 mark in the green up to 2.5 in the red then flicks off. // Error code again // Once held in reset for...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w boiler and we have had a three hour power cut this afternoon/ evening. The boiler switches on and the temp just goes down and then flashes up 0c. From what I can see this error code means blocked burner? The oven also will not ignite. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock