Search the forum,

Discuss Vitodens 100 losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil T

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hi all,
Got a customer with a vitodens 100 boiler that needs topping up at least 2 times a day. I topped it up and over 15 mins noticed it had dropped just under 1/4 bar. All rad valves dry and rads bled. Could it be expansion vessel?
I'm not gas safe but would like to steer customer in right direction ie boiler issue and not pipework so he can get engineer in if needed.
Thanks

Update: lost about 1/2 bar over 45 mins with boiler not running.
No signs of water anywhere on pipework, as I said, rad valves dry and no air I rads. Any ideas?

1 - Could be a split hex, is the condensate constantly running?
2 - Could be faulty PRV letting by, Is the PRV outlet dripping outside?
3 - Could be a leak on hidden pipework under floors etc,
or (but unlikely if losing pressure when not in use)!
4 - Exp Vessel needs recharge or replace.

All possible scenarios require a GSR to find and fix.

You obviously have a leak somewhere its just a process of elimination as Darren has pointed out and will require a Gas Safe Engineer to fix cheers kop

Viessmann have a combined prv and condense so have a look at the condense outlet

But I would isolate boiler and see if the pressure drops least you know where you stand

Cheers lads.
There is no visible water from condense or prv outlets. Didnt isolate boiler though as you suggested shaun, just cos i didn't want to waste anymore of theirs and my time as I still wouldn't be able to do anything about it. So I've let customer know it's a probable boiler issue and told him to get engineer in.
With your help I've managed to rule out a couple of things for him anyway.
Thanks again :)

Any pipework in concrete? If you know ?

No, there is a solid floor in kitchen but pipework runs through a partition wall to there.

Viessmann have a combined prv and condense so have a look at the condense outlet

But I would isolate boiler and see if the pressure drops least you know where you stand

Dont forget the early ones had usual arrangement, changed at the start of the WB 1C if memory serves

Asuming the loss is not via system , Its a fair bet its the vessel .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vitodens 100 losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock