Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera Linea 28 - Heating not working, but hot water is. Diverter valve issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning all,

I'm a homeowner trying to find out why the heating is not working.

I've fitted tado Extension kit to Vokera Linea 28 boiler couple of months ago, but only now the flat requires heating up. However, I've been finding that the radiators are not working despite the call for heat from the smart thermostat system or the internal clock fitted to the boiler.

The hot water has been working when needed - the boiler fires up when the tap is set to hot - we've not had issues with that.

Boiler manual:

I've read somewhere that often when the hot water works and heating doesn't, then it's likely an issue with the diverter valve.

I've done the following yesterday while trying to figure it out:

1. I've detached the tado smart thermostat extension kit wiring and put the loop between TA and = back so that the call for heat will be coming from the clock. I've set the clock to '1' so that it should be calling for heat constantly.

Result: no heating - the boiler does not fire up at all, cold radiators

2. I've taken off the motorised diverter valve actuator (Vokera Diverter Valve Motor / Actuator - Linea 24 - 2905) and kept it connected.

When taken off the actuator was in it's fully out position.

With it off, when the hot water was requested it worked fine. But when the hot water was running, we found that there was hot water supplied to the radiators and they began to warm up.

When the water was switched off, the hot flow to the radiators stopped.

With the actuator off, there was nothing to push in the pin of the diverter valve manifold. That's when the heating started to work. But only when the hot water was requested.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on what to check next, what the issue could be and how to fix it.

Cheers
Pawel

Reply to Vokera Linea 28 - Heating not working, but hot water is. Diverter valve issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock