Search the forum,

Discuss Wall mounted bathroom basin question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

How do you fix a wall mounted basin on to block work is there some sort of secure mounting wall plate kit available?
I have seen frames for stud wall but nothing for block work

Normally bolts that go into the wall, basin slides onto them then some washers & nuts to secure it...

As above then.....sometimes the bolts are supplied or you have to buy them from the merchants....either or....

As above then.....sometimes the bolts are supplied or you have to buy them from the merchants....either or....

I don't think its strong enough though with plastic plugs
It would come off the wall if say an adult sat on it or a child stood on it to look out of the window.
Is there something more substantial like a wall mounting plate with brackets maybe?

I don't think its strong enough though with plastic plugs
It would come off the wall if say an adult sat on it or a child stood on it to look out of the window.
Is there something more substantial like a wall mounting plate with brackets maybe?

I fix wall hung basins with fisher wall bolts. They are remarkably strong in a block wall. Depending on size, you will need to drill a 10 or 12mm hole.
There are not many basins that will take the weight of a human on the end! You would break the basin first.

Fixings are designed for the product in mind and wont have an allowance for people performing gymnastics on the sanitaryware.

The fisher fixings will do the job. If you think people will be swinging on it, phnarr phnarr, then fit a basin with pedestal.

Use the heavier basin fisher bolts for large wall mounted basins and put a bead of silicone around the top of basin when on final fix. Silicone will grip well if wall is tiled.
The weight is really pushing down vertical and the basin will not have movement to lever outwards if bolted well, as it will be tight top and bottom to wall.
I wouldn't have anybody on top of the basin though! Just use the kitchen worktop for any of that sort of thing. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wall mounted bathroom basin question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock