Search the forum,

Discuss Warmflow 70/90 Combi Boiler - What is the longest flue length horizontal and vertical in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lion Heart

Hi guys

Really need some help...

We have a Warmflow 70/90 Oil Fired Combi Boiler. We're looking at putting a porch/conservatory on to the property, right where the flue exits the external wall.

I have a couple of solutions for the flue but I REALLLY need to know what the maximum horizontal and vertical flue length is specified for this boiler.

I've gone through the manual and it shows a diagram and discusses the optional flue extenders (horizontal) as well as the vertical easy fit kit etc, but it does not advise the maximum length for either.

We live in a bungalow so I'm hoping the vertical option would work for us (I assume they must spec the boiler to AT LEAST exit vertically in a bungalow otherwise what's the point of having a vertical option at all? Maybe for siting in a dolls house? Our house is about as low as you will get!

Also the exhaust would run up the wall inside the property at the LOWEST point (i.e. outer edge) of the roof, so we're in a good position really. Just need to confirm this damned spec!!

Any help much appreciated.

Re: Warmflow 70/90 Combi Boiler - What is the longest flue length horizontal and vert

Get your engineer to have a look. Its not a diy job. They will be able to give you advice on your best options.

Re: Warmflow 70/90 Combi Boiler - What is the longest flue length horizontal and vert

Have a look at the manual again.

I've had a quick look and found the dimension tables very quickly.

It would be a good idea to get someone in that is experienced in oil boiler installation.

The OFTEC site could put you on to a suitable installer.

Ok, looking in the manual again it appears the max HORIZONTAL is 1200mm and the max VERTICAL is 3740 - more than enough vertically for my bungalow.

Yes, not a DIY install, but...

Spoke briefly to our local engineer and he said vertical is possible but Warmflow have discontinued that model and so the vertical flue kit might not be available anymore, which seemed a little defeatist?

But surely the balanced flues are a fairly generic thing? It says 100mm or 127mm for the flue in the spec.

I assume it would be ok to get a 100/127mm balanced flue from any brand, or a universal kit if the Warmflow original is no longer made?

What do you think?

As said above get a qualified engineer on it

Spoke briefly to our local engineer and he said vertical is possible but Warmflow have discontinued that model and so the vertical flue kit might not be available anymore, which seemed a little defeatist?

But surely the balanced flues are a fairly generic thing? It says 100mm or 127mm for the flue in the spec.

I assume it would be ok to get a 100/127mm balanced flue from any brand, or a universal kit if the Warmflow original is no longer made?

What do you think?

Hi guys

Yes, I realise that but this is a forum to help people (?) and you haven't actually given any answers or help at all apart from:

1) Check you manual
2) Get an engineer in

Maybe add an autoreply to all post just telling them to get an engineer in if that's the answer to everything. Might be easier :)

No it's not a generic thing.
No you can't just use any other manufacturers flue.
And yes you need an oftec engineer to to fit it.

Your engineer has given good advice already.

Lion Heart Maybe add an autoreply to all post just telling them to get an engineer in if that's the answer to everything. [/QUOTE said:
We help people 99.9% of the time however certain questions on certain subjects we will not help with due to the nature of the question and possible consequences.

Is that clear enough for you?

As the guys have already said, we help 99.9% of the time. Sometimes, however, the very best advice we can give is to get a pro in.

It's about evaluating your expectations and adapting them based on the advice acquired through years of experience that we give you.

There are factors that you haven't considered that need to be taken into account by extending the flue.

Here endeth the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow 70/90 Combi Boiler - What is the longest flue length horizontal and vertical in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock