Search the forum,

Discuss Waste dumped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A local plumber has been fined £800, £780 costs and £80 victim surcharge for illegally dumping his waste.
£1660 lost income

No sympathy for fly tippers whatsoever
Had a run in with a couple of travelling types, after a load of tyres were dumped in a lane near me
Made them open the back doors of their van to check and it was empty, I think they were just look outs though
Don't like grasses but, I would happily report anybody I saw fly tipping

I really can't stand people who fly tip or tradesmen who brush all there rubbish under the floor ( a small amount is acceptable but not when you lift a bathroom floor and theres all the old tiles under there

I can get a skip for around £175 for two weeks on the road and that's a big un
Charge straight to the customer plus my %

That or go the local tip

Theres just no excuse i'd say the fine was not enough

Yep serves him right 100%.
I will admit I put the odd bit of works stuff in the council skip, but fly tipping proper boils my pi$$

The thing is if you saw any fly tipping scum and got their reg number and called the police. If it went to court, you would have to testify. Most people wouldn't want to.

I phoned the police the other sunday afternoon to report some chavs smashing windows of an empty building ( I really hate grey jogging bottom wearing chavs) and I was on hold for so long I nearly hung up, I spoke to a central control desk about 80 miles away and just felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall.

Yep serves him right 100%.
I will admit I put the odd bit of works stuff in the council skip, but fly tipping proper boils my pi$$

I'm guilty of that if I haven't got a big job on with a skip ill take it the council and tell them its from my house,
That or stick it in the wheelie bin

I once got lumbered with an old carpet, I cut it into 8 inch squares and put them in about 15 carrier bags and deposited them in random council bins around town.

Croppie , get this in the arms before we all have the council bods knocking lol

Cant stand fly tipping, that and dog mess and people not indicating left on roundabouts. I amaze myself with how much waste i can squeeze into the wheelie bins down my road at night!

Id like to see the story.
It states illegally dumping above and not fly tipping.
The council ran sites around here are **** hot if you try and take trade waste into the general public area. Big signs stating fines.
I wonder if he was caught repeatedly doing this ????????????
Or spoiling country lanes.

The fine seems very low for fly tipping as we generally imagine it. It often runs into 1000ssss

The lazy and brain dead idiot. He should of got a bigger fine than that really.

I really can't stand people who fly tip or tradesmen who brush all there rubbish under the floor ( a small amount is acceptable but not when you lift a bathroom floor and theres all the old tiles under there

I can get a skip for around £175 for two weeks on the road and that's a big un
Charge straight to the customer plus my %

That or go the local tip

Theres just no excuse i'd say the fine was not enough

I've started using Hippo Skips mate. Trade get them for about £150 and as long as its within 4 metres of the road they will pick it up within 5 days after you ring them. I phoned one in last week on the Thursday and it was gone the following day.

I've started using Hippo Skips mate. Trade get them for about £150 and as long as its within 4 metres of the road they will pick it up within 5 days after you ring them. I phoned one in last week on the Thursday and it was gone the following day.

The local skip man is also my scrap man, he's about 55-65 years old so doesn't do loads of skips but he'll do them for me for £100 if its on the drive if its on the road I use a big firm, so I can make a nice little sum if the customers not on a tight budget

Do you guys charge for waste disposal? I worked with so many plumbers who are happy to take anything from packaging to old appliances that were replaced.. all for free. Dont get it.. Its not their rubbish.

Do you guys charge for waste disposal? I worked with so many plumbers who are happy to take anything from packaging to old appliances that were replaced.. all for free. Dont get it.. Its not their rubbish.

If its a small job like a ball valve rad swap ill take the rubbish as part of the job, although it'll be in my price just not listed,

Any scrap ill either weigh in or give it the scrap man and packaging goes in the customers bin on the way out

I call a tat man and give him some tat as long as he takes rubbish as well. If there's no tat he charges a small fee.

I add waste disposal to the job. On certain things like cooker changes I say I can dispose of the cooler but charge an extra £10 purely because that is what the bigger companies do.

Couple years ago I had a trailer of jumble sale crap left over from scouts jumble sale. Took it down tip but they said they couldn't accept it as they didn't take that sort of stuff and it was commercial. Went over the road where the waste company was who collect from the scouts place, manager says just chuck it in one of the bin lorries which we did. When I asked what happens to it, he said they take it over the road and put it in the tip!!

Well, I'm naming and shaming Colchester and Essex as agent provocateurs.

Thinking it would be nice to be able to add waste disposal to the medium sized jobs I have worked my way up to, I have hit several brick walls:

No space to store enough rubbish to fill a skip at home, nor space to store a skip unless I give up my driveway. Not even sure a skip lorry could still collect from my drive now my hedge has been planted, and very narrow road.
Civic Amenity site will not accept trade waste even as a chargeable servive.
Local council will collect bags as a chargeable service, but not suited to baths or shower trays for obvious reasons. Or give me a wheeled bin as as chargeable service, but no space to store it here.
The only local waste company that will allow me to drop off waste charges £108 a metric ton, but minimum charge of 1 ton. This would be acceptable if I had somewhere I could store a vanful at home, but my 2-up 2-down is already struggling to contain me and my plumbing business.
The medium size jobs I am taking on are not really big enough to swallow the cost of a skip on site.

It seems we're making it very hard for people to be law-abiding not that I have much sympathy for people who fly-tip either. But, on a practical note, probably cheaper and easier to pay the fines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste dumped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock