Search the forum,

Discuss Waste pipe BS 5255 to 40mm, help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hoopy

Hi all, this may sound silly, but I've noticed a leak on one of my waste pipes between the shower and toilet. I bought 40mm pipe and fittings from BnQ as of the time. But I noticed the original pipe is BS 5255 and won't fit on the new connectors or pipe. It seems just a little bit bigger.

What do I need to convert to the 40mm and where would I get it please?

did you get push fit as its different to solvent weld (glued)

I got a 40mm compression fitting. And a 40mm waste as the biggest they had. But the original piping (only markings on it BS 5225) seems to be about a 45mm.

it should be 1 1/2 which is od about 42-43mm

post a pic up if you can

Hi all, this may sound silly, but I've noticed a leak on one of my waste pipes between the shower and toilet. I bought 40mm pipe and fittings from BnQ as of the time. But I noticed the original pipe is BS 5255 and won't fit on the new connectors or pipe. It seems just a little bit bigger.

What do I need to convert to the 40mm and where would I get it please?

Push fit is smaller than solvent weld pipe. You say it wont fit on the new connectors, is this with the nut, backing washer and rubber sealing removed or are they still on the connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste pipe BS 5255 to 40mm, help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock