Search the forum,

Discuss Waste size slightly smaller than inch and 1/4 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeyc

Went to an emergency call out today at a hair salon that has a load of foreign basins and traps are all leaking. I need to change them out but my problem is that the waste shank is slightly smaller than inch and 1/4 - like almost fits.

Anyone know any other sizes it could possibly be or suggest where to start looking.

Cheers in advance for any pointers

35mm?

Went to an emergency call out today at a hair salon that has a load of foreign basins and traps are all leaking. I need to change them out but my problem is that the waste shank is slightly smaller than inch and 1/4 - like almost fits.

Anyone know any other sizes it could possibly be or suggest where to start looking.

Cheers in advance for any pointers

1 1/4 push fit ?

No I mean the actual threaded shank on the bottom of the waste is smaller than 32mm so a 32mm trap is too big to screw on. Can't change the wastes as these are a god awful shape, size and design

Solvent 1 1/4" is 36mm, push fit is 35mm and Euro size is 32mm.
If it is Euro you will need an adapter like a mcalpine S28

As tamz said if it was me i'd swap the wastes out in the sink to standard uk size

had quite a number of sink wastes that normal traps wont sit on correctly recently, blumin euro carp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste size slightly smaller than inch and 1/4 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up through one hole, has 2 taps that turn and the unit can swivel to go to either basin. The taps have 4 prongs that can be turned (sorry not technical)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock