Search the forum,

Discuss Water hammer sound since new install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a call back from a customer reported what sounds like water hammer early in the morning and evenings. Trouble is its an Unvented system and also only seems to be happening on the hot. I'm guessing it could be an expansion vessel issue but would be surprised as it's all brand new. My thought was stopgap but they say it's only happening on the hot. Any other thoughts?

TIA

If the vessel is conected by a hose , bin it and replace with 22mm copper . Check cylinder temp isnt too high . Did you set the ex vessel pressure ? Is it connected into the multibloc ?

Straight into the combi valve with 22mm cooper. I haven't been back yet to check vessel pressure but was just looking if it could be any different. I was actually thinking of changing to a felxi hose in case it's sudden pressure with no allowable movement.

The hoses cause loads of grief , internal bore is too small . Also check pressure to the cylinder , if its over 3 bar " happy days " set ex vessel at 3 bar . If its under, reduce the ex vessel to same or a "nats" under .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water hammer sound since new install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens on the hot pipework, more specifically the hot taps in the bathroom (basin and bath). but it only seems to happen when I open the hot tap to a...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock