Search the forum,

Discuss Water pressure issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I replaced my immersion heating element yesterday and when I reconnected everything and turned on all the stop cocks, the water pressure is exceptionally low when it used to be very good and there is no water coming from the hot water tap in the kitchen. I wondered if anyone knew why and how I fix the pressure? Thanks in advance

might be airlocked - when you opened stop taps did you leave the taps open at the same time ?. if you have a mixer tap in kitchen block up the common spout and open the hot tap 1st and then the cold mains side and wait for it to rumble and it will eventually be ok. You will get wet I always do - let us know how you get on good luck

might be airlocked - when you opened stop taps did you leave the taps open at the same time ?. if you have a mixer tap in kitchen block up the common spout and open the hot tap 1st and then the cold mains side and wait for it to rumble and it will eventually be ok. You will get wet I always do - let us know how you get on good luck
I have two separate taps in the kitchen and the bathrooms... there is a trickle of hot water in the bathroom but nothing at all coming out of the hit water tap in the kitchen . The bathroom is downstairs btw . Not sure if you need to know this

Replace the gate valve in between the tank in the loft and the cylinder in the airing cupboard

Probably just an airlock like rob said to be honest. You would know if the gate valve has snapped partially closed as the head will just keep spinning.

Probably just an airlock like rob said to be honest. You would know if the gate valve has snapped partially closed as the head will just keep spinning.
Ok sorry to be a dufus but is the gate valve at the bottom of the water tank in the kitchen or the loft tank? There's a thing on the loft tank that I think is meant to kind of Bob up and down but it's just spinning. .. is that it?

I replaced my immersion heating element yesterday and when I reconnected everything and turned on all the stop cocks, the water pressure is exceptionally low when it used to be very good and there is no water coming from the hot water tap in the kitchen. I wondered if anyone knew why and how I fix the pressure? Thanks in advance
I'm heading out here .. Will check my messages in a couple of hours. Thanks!

I'm heading out here .. Will check my messages in a couple of hours. Thanks!
Ok so I have turned off all of the stop cocks again and all on again and bled everything i can and I still have no water coming out of the hot water tap in the kitchen. I think I'll have to call someone out

Ok thank you. The water isn't going out of the cylinder tank to the kitchen sink ... and the bathroom water that comes from the loft tank is coming through but very softly and if I turn all the taps on then no water comes out of any of them.

I did that but the tap is making no noise whatsoever

That depends on the engineers hourly rate if I am honest. Sorry to give such a vague answer.
That's ok... im not really sure what's going on with it and I've tried everything you guys have told me and whatever before that. What really should have been a simple replacing of a heating element in the immersion tank has turned into such a headache. . I'm kind of done with trying to figure it out haha. I really do appreciate all the help I've had here today though ... absolutely invaluable

The gate valve will be on the cold feed to the cylinder, the pipe will feel colder and connects to the bottom of the cylinder.
The gate valve will be brass with either a red or black wheelhead depending on the age. If it is just spinning the gate might have dropped, the gate is screwed onto the head and can become detached.
Replace it if you can.

Hi I just wanted to post that there were two gate valves in the attic that needed replacing .. one for the cold water tank and one for a smaller tank beside that. Also the system was air locked and had to be balanced again. Thankfully the plumber I called out turned out to be a friend of a friend and only charged me a fraction of the price. Thanks for all the advice on here you really did help me alot:)

Ok sorry to be a dufus but is the gate valve at the bottom of the water tank in the kitchen or the loft tank? There's a thing on the loft tank that I think is meant to kind of Bob up and down but it's just spinning. .. is that it?
I would say the gate in the valve is stuck closed do not drain tank Plug pipe that is comeing from tank to cyclinder with bread this will stop flow of water when the gate valve is removed but have a large bucket a ready just in case remove valve and replace with new one make sure that the ring is tight up against the valve if it is not this will Sod if you see this cut I/8 off copper pipe so ring sits snug up against valve job sorted put on kettle have a cup of tee bye

Reply to Water pressure issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock