Search the forum,

Discuss Water Regs question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Lo gents.
I'm fitting a sink in a nursery next week and the only way to run the waste is into a soil boss.
I was planning on using a McAlpine anti syphon bottle trap to prevent odours from the soil, is this within the water regs considering it's in a public building?
There's no room for a hepvo as the sink will only be 2 feet from the floor and the waste will run straight through the wall with only a few inches on the other side until the elbow into the soil.
Thanks in advance for any replies ;)

I'll quickly say i suck at anything sanitry

On the other side can you not do a tee instead of an elbow with a street elbow up into an aav to ventilate the branch?

maybe i'll stick to just heating :p

Yes it has a vent built in . If it's a basin and stack well vented fine. The inlet not opposite poo flume tho is it? You will need tmv3 under sink and double checks tho.

Lo gents.
I'm fitting a sink in a nursery next week and the only way to run the waste is into a soil boss.
I was planning on using a McAlpine anti syphon bottle trap to prevent odours from the soil, is this within the water regs considering it's in a public building?
There's no room for a hepvo as the sink will only be 2 feet from the floor and the waste will run straight through the wall with only a few inches on the other side until the elbow into the soil.
Thanks in advance for any replies ;)
Drainage does not fall under Water Reg's but Building Reg's have a look at Part H 1 Page 9
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_H_2010.pdf
I personally would not fit an anti-syphon trap from new as there is no need. Run pipe work in 40mm with steady fall & only reduce at the trap. How long is the run between the sink & stack ?

Last edited:
Yes it has a vent built in . If it's a basin and stack well vented fine. The inlet not opposite poo flume tho is it? You will need tmv3 under sink and double checks tho.

Cheers Erm, the TMV is already sorted as I'm extending the feeds from an existing kiddy sink :)

Drainage does not fall under Water Reg's but Building Reg's have a look at Part H 1 Page 9
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_H_2010.pdf
I personally would not fit an anti-syphon trap from new as there is no need. Run pipe work in 40mm with steady fall & only reduce at the trap. How long is the run between the sink & stack ?

Cheers Chris, the run is through a wall then about 8 inches to the boss in a 110 elbow coming from a w.c.
The reason for the question was to clarify if I could tap into a poo pipe for the sink waste, looking at those building regs pretty much says yes as long as the depth of trap is sufficient.
I'll still fit the anti-syphon trap just in case. It's only a few quid more and I don't want any nasty smells due to lost seals.

The trouble is JC they have a tendency to leak especially if the waste gets blocked. Trust me normal is all you will required.

PS. is it a basin or a sink ? If sink with food or other similar bits going down it, go for P trap, if basin bottle will be OK.

It's going to be a single bowl/single drainer kitchen sink, but only because a basin would be too small. It will be used for washing paint brushes and such stuff, probably by a few kids at a time.
You've twisted my arm then, a normal bottle trap it will be, I was leaning towards bottle traps as they seem to be more compact and will allow me to get the sink as low as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Regs question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently doing the pre-planning for my next DIY project fitting a shower tray and enclosure from scratch. I'm confident of being able to do the job but not being a plumber not sure the best way to go about it so would appreciate any advice. The current upstairs room has a black waste...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the stud wall shown is the bathroom, with the toilet attached to the soil pipe bottom right and a small basin attached to the 32mm waste. The wall is...
Replies
Views
Hello, have a 4m run of 50mm pipe for the shower. The layout of joists, closeness of corner walls etc mean that it would be very helpful to be able to add the basin waste to a swept tee in the shower waste and this could be between 300-800mm from the soil stack . I've read elsewhere very mixed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock