Search the forum,

Discuss Water Softener, Hot Tap and Scale Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently in the process of planning a new kitchen. We are having a twin tec water softener which will be located under the sink and are also planning on having a quooker tap + scale control. The cupboard below the sink will be 900mm which we hope will be sufficient space for the installation of all of these appliances. We will run the quooker tap off the hard water supply (we will have separate hot and cold hard water feeds). Our concern is if there will be any additional plumbing required prior to installation and how much space the quooker tank + scale control will use?
Will there be any additional space left for storage?

I think it will be a bit cozy in a 900mm unit but its really up to how good your plumber is the pipework needs first fixing before any of the units are fitted. the quooker unit needs protecting from scale formation to , if you are in a hard water area follow the manufactures instructions there is free fitting for quooker systems but the first fix will still need doing before the kitchen unit install so plan well cheers kop .

Screenshot_2017-08-06-08-50-41.png

Screenshot_2017-08-06-08-48-51.png

Last edited:
I would feed your Quooker from the soft water otherwise it will quickly become scaled up!

No i have to disagree with you there its not a good idea to drink softend water especially if you have health issues , i would contact the manufactures for their advice there are other forms of protection available. Cheers Kop

For health reasons, there is a limit set on the recommended level of salt in drinking water at 200 mg/l.

For most areas of the UK, the sodium levels of softened water will be well within recommended limits; however, in a few parts of the UK where the drinking water is particularly hard, sodium levels may exceed 220 mg/l.

Nearly all commercial coffee machines have inbuilt water softeners.

If you are on a low salt advice for a medical condition you are advised to drink hard water.

You need to check your harness levels and seek advice from Quooker as kop says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Softener, Hot Tap and Scale Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock