Discuss Water supply question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Just joined this forum so hello to all.
This question is really bugging me and i can't find an answer so i wonder if anyone here could help.
We have a new property and we have a water supply which is useless pressure wise. 750m away we have access to a 50mm main with 6 bar pressure, between the two we have a rise and then fall of ground level. I can work out losses through the pipe but what i can't find out is does the pressure gain from the fall cancel out some of the pressure loss due to the rise? It should but before i spend a lot of money trenching i would love confirmation. Thanks

What's your pressure and flow also what pipe Do you have now size?

We knew the pressure here was poor so we brought a 32mm pipe down hoping to get enough water. This is off a 32mm we put into a large farm building a bit uphill which had 1.5 bar where it comes off the public mains (260m) but useless flow. The problems are that if i run water in the the house i can cavitate if a tap is opened uphill, secondly although the water will just reach the top floor patience is not my strong suit. I want to run a fully unvented system so plan B could be the answer. If i go down that route then i will take 50mm to the building and that will feed my 32mm to the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water supply question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back