Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Water supply question in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Mike Pinard

Mike Pinard New Member

Hi
    Just joined this forum so hello to all.
    This question is really bugging me and i can't find an answer so i wonder if anyone here could help.
    We have a new property and we have a water supply which is useless pressure wise. 750m away we have access to a 50mm main with 6 bar pressure, between the two we have a rise and then fall of ground level. I can work out losses through the pipe but what i can't find out is does the pressure gain from the fall cancel out some of the pressure loss due to the rise? It should but before i spend a lot of money trenching i would love confirmation. Thanks

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What's your pressure and flow also what pipe Do you have now size?

3. Mike Pinard

Mike Pinard New Member

We knew the pressure here was poor so we brought a 32mm pipe down hoping to get enough water. This is off a 32mm we put into a large farm building a bit uphill which had 1.5 bar where it comes off the public mains (260m) but useless flow. The problems are that if i run water in the the house i can cavitate if a tap is opened uphill, secondly although the water will just reach the top floor patience is not my strong suit. I want to run a fully unvented system so plan B could be the answer. If i go down that route then i will take 50mm to the building and that will feed my 32mm to the house.

4. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Sounds like you need a storage tank and pump set up to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1