Search the forum,

Discuss Water supply to outhouse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im after some advice on how to supply water to a washing machine in our out house. There is a outside tap near by can I T off that or do I need to come off the mains supply with mdpe and use a stopcock where it enters the outhouse etc.
Any help is appreciated

Can I bury the pipes as it would be a shorter route to cut across a pathway at the side of the house rather than going all the way around the walls?
Thanks

I came off my outside tap and installed the 15mm plastic inside a 42mm waste with the 15 mm insulated in the 42 mm and had no problems

The thicker one it just fitted into the 42mm but it is also in quite a sheltered part of the property.

The grey insulation is good, but not suitable for outside as UV rays will damage it.
If you have it ducted, it would be fine.
I would say the professional way is to have a new pipe ducted underground from your house, but often difficult.

Can I bury the pipes as it would be a shorter route to cut across a pathway at the side of the house rather than going all the way around the walls?
Thanks
in that case connect near your outside tap and run extension underground in blue poly,

Does it have to be the 20mm mdpe or can I use 15mm or 22mm plastic like hep or polyplumb?
Use the blue its stronger and made for underground use only thing is the size of coil think smallest is 25 mts but cheep.

Dare I play devils advocate and ask where the waste of the washing machine is running to

Dare I play devils advocate and ask where the waste of the washing machine is running to
Ive put a bottle gully in just outside of the outhouse connected to the main drain running to the manhole

IMG_20180127_122012.jpg

Ive put a bottle gully in just outside of the outhouse connected to the main drain running to the manhole

View attachment 32731

Please take this as constructive criticism, your 110 pipe should not be straight on top of the soil / clay , it should be on compacted gravel . But tell the missis lol .

Would recommend you didn’t it protects from weight of traffic above too

No before the pipe was laid lol .
But honestly is ok , most builders I know would nt bother
Whats your view on the water supply pipe being insulated and buried, can I get away with not digging 750mm if I put a decent lagging round the blue mdpe?

Whats your view on the water supply pipe being insulated and buried, can I get away with not digging 750mm if I put a decent lagging round the blue mdpe?

I haven't read all comments but yep 750mm is the standard , I am pretty sure with some appropriate insulation and ducting you could reduce it .

But as I said above keep in mind that it’s not just freezing risk but also traffic weight above

Just tee into your water main if near by. Use barrier pipe if ground is contaminated.

As deep as you can go but I've seen old lead ones just under a foot down and they haven't frozen

About 2 feet down minimum will be reasonable depth from freezing and avoiding getting easily hit with a spade, but not to regs.
Probably sleeved pipe would help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water supply to outhouse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock