Search the forum,

Discuss Water temperature in heating mode in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there
We've had a new glow worm betacom 30C installed recently as part of an extension. Only in the last couple of days we've needed to switch the heating on but the radiators are absolutely burning hot, even when the valves are set very low, like 1. Is there a way to decrease the water temperature in heating mode? With our previous boiler the radiator valves were on 3 or 4, which was just right to heat the house. Thanks!

Personally I dont know the betacom , but yes you should be able to turn the heating rad temp down via the display , have you got the user guide for the boiler ?

I do have the user guide but it seems a bit complicated and don't want to mess around with the display!

The installer should have explained/demonstrated the system to you as part of the commissioning process and left an instruction book. Give them a call and ask them how to reduce the 'flow temperature' for the radiators.

Do you have 3 knobs on the front ?

First will be hot water
Second heating temp
Third select switch (hot water only etc)

Turn the middle one down

Sorry to say best get the installer back as it's in the installer menu

This boiler has a mode button between a plus and minus one

I think you probably have this model:

https://www.glow-worm.co.uk/images/uploads/betacom3-installation-manual-692446.pdf

If so, the flow temperature is not user-settable. The system sets it automatically in response to demand, i.e. it monitors the flow and return temperatures. The radiators may well be hotter than your previous system while the house comes up to to temperature and they will then cut back once the target temperature set by the main thermostat is reached. This behaviour allows the system to heat the house more rapidly than would otherwise be the case.

The fact that your new system does not behave identically to the one it replaces is not in itself cause for concern. If you don't think it is operating correctly you should contact the installer and ask their opinion. The installer can set the maximum flow temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water temperature in heating mode in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock