Search the forum,

Discuss water usage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

erj

Gas Engineer
Hi I have a builder who needs to know how much water some flats he is building will use,

they will have bath with a shower above, whb, wc kitchen sink , dish washer and washer, I have never been asked this be for in all my years . How do you work it out? thanks guys

How do you work it out? thanks guys

Don't. It's a trap. Tell the builder to ask the architect and/or engineers who designed the building to provide the figures they need.

If you provide the builder with a figure you've got from an internet forum or a rule of thumb that turns out to be wrong you may end up liable for the remedial work, which for a block of flats could bankrupt you.

Don't. It's a trap. Tell the builder to ask the architect and/or engineers who designed the building to provide the figures they need.

If you provide the builder with a figure you've got from an internet forum or a rule of thumb that turns out to be wrong you may end up liable for the remedial work, which for a block of flats could bankrupt you.

Absolutely agree all this should be provided on the design plans size of water main pipe runs location of water tanks etc. Have you seen the drawings for the site ? Have you got a copy ? Do you use a Scale rule to read the drawings ? All this information should be given to you if you are quoting for the work.

Absolutely agree all this should be provided on the design plans size of water main pipe runs location of water tanks etc. Have you seen the drawings for the site ? Have you got a copy ? Do you use a Scale rule to read the drawings ? All this information should be given to you if you are quoting for the work.

I wish! A lot of the jobs we quote for come in half designed if at all and it's up to the contractor to size pipework, work out heat losses etc.
BS806 is a nationally accepted standard so if you can show you've sized the system to it there should be no problem.

Reply to water usage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock