Search the forum,

Discuss Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideas please?

Re: Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering

pinch the end of one of the pipes slightly

Re: Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering

The side pressure of the pipes usually holds it in place.

I make a pencil mark then I slightly oval the tube with grips before slipping the coupling on.
when you put the coupling on after, it stays...

Give it a little squeeze!!

Start by heating the bottom pipe, it should expand and tighten

You can borrow my pipe slice if you want, it squeezes the pipe so badly I can't get conex nuts on the buggers without reforming it with my pump pliers ;)

Pipe slice under coupler or use your grips to slightly pinch the coupler on to the pipe

use powerflux. that'll lock the fitting in place :)

As others have said, I go for giving the fitting a gentle pinch so it still slips but only when you are actually sliding it into place.

Whack it gently with a centre punch !

Don't use a slip coupler, cheeze!!!

You can borrow my pipe slice if you want, it squeezes the pipe so badly I can't get conex nuts on the buggers without reforming it with my pump pliers ;)

Sounds like my old (brand new) Nerrad pipe slice, it would spiral so bad I could have fit mic straight onto copper pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock