Search the forum,

Discuss WB Greenstar 30CDI combi rads lukewarm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allgoode

Gas Engineer
Hi guys,
Looking for advice on customers boiler.
Called to customers house who said no heating, hot water fine. Picked up diverter v/v on route and new room stat as remembered there old one was looking a tad tired.
Got to customers house and carried out initial safety checks and looked at boiler indicator for fault codes but none showing. Tried boiler on hot water and verified that there was a plentiful supply at correct temp, went to room stat and turned up heard click and headed upstairs to check boiler.
It lit fine, went to high burn initially and then turned straight down to low burn no matter what the C/H temp selector dial was moved to.
Flame stayed lit and flow to rads observed with pipes/rads getting lukewarm so put boiler into service mode - set to maximum and everything functioned as advertised, ran on high setting for a few minutes and then turned dial to low burn and boiler modulated down correctly.
After that took boiler out of the service mode and it reverted back to low burn only as demand for heat was still there.
Bit of head scratching, let rads supply pipes cool down and then isolated gas supply, ran hot tap to cool pipes down from heat exchanger, restored gas supply and then turned on the hot tap again & ran for 5 mins, no heat bleed to rad circuit. Isolated gas supply again and then did it again using c/h & checking DHW pipe to check for diverter valve letting by but no temp change there.
I am thinking of the temp limiter sensor - 87229638580.
Any words of wisdom from you guys is greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Andy (Allgoode)

Last edited:
The cdi allows a maximum temp on ch in installer mode, has this somehow been set to a low output etc?

I had this kept switchung to syphon mode if i remember.
Will check tomorrow if lady in as been running around on other jobs. I had turn off at wall and it went into the syphon mode on re-start. try running for longer and then poss speak to tech help, cheers for all advice.
Andy

Just remember that once it starts syphon mode. If you switch it off, it will start syphon mode again. If I remember correctly the book says it will run in syphon mode for about 15 minutes but I have had them do it for 25.:mad:

Syphon mode is flaming annoying aint it .

On the occasion i had it like that it never actually switched out of it , had to get a new pcb which came with the whole wiring loom .

Right pain

What's the flown return temps. Had a similar issue and it was a faulty bypass under the floor so was just horsing round a very small loop. Just a thought

Sorry, just too update you all.
Went on another visit to customer a few days ago after customer got over lurgy & after getting onto Worcester tech found that it was running in syphon fill mode although not displaying the code. Ended up resetting it a couple of times before it would hold the setting that had syphon mode switched off.
Worcester have advised that if it defaults to syphon mode again then as last resort it will be a reset on PCB & if that fails to hold a new PCB will be reqd.
A good nugget of info to file away there,
Cheers for advice guys,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WB Greenstar 30CDI combi rads lukewarm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock