Search the forum,

Discuss Wc water level is to high in the bowl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have a toildt that wont drain properly. It takes ages to empty and often leaves nasties behind. Ive plunged it, snaked it, ive took toilet out to check trap was ok and all seems good. The soil pipe goes through the wall and into the soil stack. I checked the vent and removed inspection cap and all is fine. I can see the water flowing. Could it be the soil pipe going from back of pan to soil stack is rising instead of falling ? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

Yes that is possible however unlikely. When toilet was out did you check the pipe going through the wall to the stack was clear though?
An old Rim Flush can catch all sorts and cause a restriction. Also check nearest manhole in the garden, is it clear running?

Yes that is possible however unlikely. When toilet was out did you check the pipe going through the wall to the stack was clear though?
An old Rim Flush can catch all sorts and cause a restriction. Also check nearest manhole in the garden, is it clear running?
Yes the pipe going through the wall was clear, was only 13 inches long. I cleaned out all the holes under the rim of the pan but they were all fine. If the water isnt backing up through the soil pipe, why would i have to check the manhole ?
Thanks

New or old Toilet? "Checked the vent" - How? Inspection cap - Where? Flush the toilet and how high is the level in the pan before it starts to drain (roughly)?
To answer your question it could be a matter of back pressure. Why bother cleaning holes under the rim when the problem is the water being slow to drain or is it not flushing very well?

New or old Toilet? "Checked the vent" - How? Inspection cap - Where? Flush the toilet and how high is the level in the pan before it starts to drain (roughly)?
To answer your question it could be a matter of back pressure. Why bother cleaning holes under the rim when the problem is the water being slow to drain or is it not flushing very well?
Hi.
The toilet is approx 8 yrs old. I checked the vent by removing the cowl on top of pipe, i put torch down and no blockage. I took inspection cap off the branch and bend before pipe went under ground. I could see water running freely when caps were removed. What do you mean by back pressure ?
Thanks

Hi.
The toilet is approx 8 yrs old. I checked the vent by removing the cowl on top of pipe, i put torch down and no blockage. I took inspection cap off the branch and bend before pipe went under ground. I could see water running freely when caps were removed. What do you mean by back pressure ?
Thanks
The water level is about 3 inches from top of toilet

I checked the vent and removed inspection cap and all is fine.

Is this an Air admittance valve or just rodding access?

Either way, remove cap, (not the one at ground level) hold some cling film over the open end of pipe to seal it, get someone to flush the toilet, if the film rises you've got a blockage underground. (as per RPM, backpressure)

Reactions: rpm
Can`t see it at 8yrs old but I`ll throw it in anyway...….
Siphonic toilet pan and the bomb has failed?

Can`t see it at 8yrs old but I`ll throw it in anyway...….
Siphonic toilet pan and the bomb has failed?
Hi
Its not a syphonic pan. I put cling film over the bowl and flushed it , the cling film came up and i tried to depress it. The water level went down about an inch or two but still remained quite high.

Hi
Its not a syphonic pan. I put cling film over the bowl and flushed it , the cling film came up and i tried to depress it. The water level went down about an inch or two but still remained quite high.
I meant to say theres another toilet that feeds into the same line of pipework and that flushes fine.

So if you flush toilet few times until the water level is close to top of pan, then unscrew that inspection cap outside near groundlevel you say does the water drop quick?

So if you flush toilet few times until the water level is close to top of pan, then unscrew that inspection cap outside near groundlevel you say does the water drop quick?
When i unscrewed the inspection cap and flush the toilet, the water runs free but it still doesnt empty at the wc quickly, the water still doesnt drop a geeat deal. It does drop but not by much, and the cistern empties it full 6litres.

Are you sure nothings wedged in the back of the toilet... Toilet freshener..

Checking of these suggested and OP chose to ignore and question why should they when they can see water flowing freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wc water level is to high in the bowl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock