Search the forum,

Discuss WD 40 on pipeslice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do most people spray wd40 in to there , to lubricate and stop rusting?

No, just change the blade/wheel.

Spraying wd40 into the pipeslices is a quick way to get the water out of them and keep them freed up. But they really should occasionally be stripped apart, cleaned of corrosion and dirt and then a little grease on roller shafts and slight oiling.
I find the rollers can seize unknown to me and make it hard to use, if not kept in good order.

A wee dab of laco gets the wheels moving again until i remember to bin them for a new set.
I've not got the time or inclination to strip them down for a tenner.
WD40 is not oil btw

If you do not wipe clean any pipework cut with your lubricated cutters it can prevent the solder from sealing your fittings. You have been warned.

I`m saying nothing but prepared for anything up to a point. :coolgleamA:

It could be a new thread - Things you keep in the van! :teeth_smile:

Don't use WD40 on pipe slices with plastic parts, it can rot them, turns the plastic hard and brittle and fractures.

Told not to use it on double glazing hinges (PVC), and suggested to me to use it to lubricate grommets to make it easier to constuct electrical control boxes, (boxes shattered).

If you've got Irwin or Monument and WD40 and btw then you might chance it, but don't guarantee the plastic lasting a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WD 40 on pipeslice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm a DIYer and I have a Widespread Bathroom sink that i'm working on. The cold water handle is loose and turns on top of the countertop. I've looked under the countertop and can see that the nut that is used to snug the fixture isn't all the way tight. The problem is there is water corrosion...
Replies
Views
I’m looking to get some advice on how to remove a stubborn kitchen tap. The sink is ceramic and I’m very reluctant to take a grinder or any power tool to the tap. The fixing plate is secured by a plastic nut. Not a brass nut. You can fit a box spanner over the plastic nut, but it doesn’t...
Replies
Views
L
Hi. Novice here! Bathroom mixer tap was getting 'sticky' and I so sprayed some wd-40 silicone lubricant through some of the gaps - unfortunately it has made it seize up and the tap needs quite a bit of force to either turn it on or change temperature. I'd used the silicon spray on a couple of...
Replies
Views
Leicesterfan
L
Hi. Novice here! Bathroom mixer tap was getting 'sticky' and I so sprayed some wd-40 silicone lubricant through some of the gaps - unfortunately it has made it seize up and the tap needs quite a bit of force to either turn it on or change temperature. I'd used the silicon spray on a couple of...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock