Search the forum,

Discuss Weird hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might come to that but there’s just no logic to it

Ha ha agreed. Tenant is not bad to be fair, pretty switched on but can’t really remember the previous taps as they were changed literally the day after they moved in. I think New taps it is

its not new build is it?

Ha ha it’s a valid point and may well be worth I try. It just seemed so odd that tap runs for 10-15 mins then goes Stone cold

is your boiler pressure gauge set higher than 1.5 bar , The system may be slightly over-pressured , the increase in temperature results in an increase in pressure, this might push it over its limit and again it will cut-out ?

then if all else is ok it must be the bath taps. can you put your temp sensor on the hot flow from the boiler and watch that

then if all else is ok it must be the bath taps. can you put your temp sensor on the hot flow from the boiler and watch that
I completely agree with you from what I can tell the boiler works perfectly albeit is the Biasi

Yeah and the boiler continues to fire. It’s almost as if the hot water is diverting elsewhere but it’s not
The heat must be going somewhere. Are you sure the rads aren't getting hot (whether you want them to or not) when the hot runs cold? Might be problem with the 3-port valve in the boiler. I would switch it to hot water only mode and see if it happens, and if the boiler continues to fire if it does.
My son has a combi (Vaillant if I remember right) which was behaving oddly, not unlike your symptoms. They said it was an uncommon but known fault, and replaced the valve under warranty. Been OK since.

I went back last week the radiators are categorically not getting hot. I have quoted for new taps

I went back last week the radiators are categorically not getting hot. I have quoted for new taps

I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about this one, make sure you report back lol
If its the taps I will show my arse on the townhall steps.

Sounds like you have discovered a new law of thermodynamics :p
Ha ha perhaps I have, the only thing changed there is the taps, from speaking to the last tenant there was never a problem since they’ve put these ones on with a much greater flow there has been a problem. There’s no other logic to it unfortunately

Right, update. Changed to quarter turn pillar bath mixer tap maximum 9 lpm maximum and the problem has gone. I cannot see what the reduced lpm would have done but it seems to have done the trick.
Thanks all for your thoughts it remains a head scratcher

Right, update. Changed to quarter turn pillar bath mixer tap maximum 9 lpm maximum and the problem has gone. I cannot see what the reduced lpm would have done but it seems to have done the trick.
Not for the first time, I was wrong! Good that you've cracked it.

You are welcome mate. Taps are a weird thing sometimes.

24kw boiler ?

Good point well made but boiler is literally only 9 months old. I mean it could be shot but......

Might be worth a shout to the manufacturer

As I say though mate doesn’t affect any other outlet. Kitchen sink buckets out hot, basin buckets out hot. LL didn’t want floors up to check pipework etc so taps was his cheap fix. As I say just a mystery that hot would just cut out from the tap after 10-15 mins

As I say though mate doesn’t affect any other outlet. Kitchen sink buckets out hot, basin buckets out hot. LL didn’t want floors up to check pipework etc so taps was his cheap fix. As I say just a mystery that hot would just cut out from the tap after 10-15 mins

It's one of those pita faults :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weird hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock