Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Underfloor Heating damaged pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Jeffkyns

I managed to damage the outside of an underfloor heating pipe whilst chiseling the screed today. Im confident it wont leak (right away) but its certainly weakened. I have seen electricians use what I guess is some sort of resin when making joints that will be buried underground and wondered if there was a product that I could simply pour into the hole in the concrete where the damaged pipe is. This would obviously save me chopping out even more of the floor to get a joint in.
Anybody got any ideas?

May I ask what are you chiseling for / removing the whole floor ?

I was enlarging a hole to fit a floor trap for a shower and I came across a buried pipe.

Do you know the pipes manufacturer and it would need a joint

Also normally there is any underfloor allowed under bathroom equipment

It will depend on the manufacturer of the pipe. If it was a multilayered pipe the outer is for strength. If this is damaged the pipe could burst under pressure.
Post a picture and hopefully we could inform you better.

Thanks for the advice, doesn't sound like there are any shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet Underfloor Heating damaged pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock