Search the forum,

Discuss What Happened To The Top Ten Stats And Latest 20 Posts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
As it says. What happened to the stats and the latest 20 posts that used to be just above the users logged on?

Can we have them back, it's how I kept upto date with everything.

Lost the other forums buttons on the orange bar too, plus in the plumbing and central heating forums you could see the 3 latest posts. I'm a luddite and change scares me!

by the way, I'm commercial!

Last edited by a moderator:
As we're making requests may I be so rude as to make a request/suggestion?!?

Would it be possible to "tag" a users profile name when replying to posts as well as replying with quote. The tagged person would then be notified in the usual manner of other notifications etc.

Thoughts on this people?

Second the request to get the last 20 posts back up at the bottom. I think all us regulars use it to navigate.

I don't know how I stumbled across it, but if you hit "settings" it takes you through to the posts you have commented on and lets you know if there has been a reply. That's dead handy too and at the moment is still working.

The problem with upgrades is they often are self defeating as it all works fine as it is in my opinion.

I remember on one upgrade 100's of the plumbers tips and hints were lost for good. Allthough it's built back up, it was a shame as there were some gems in there from members who are long gone.

I don't know how I stumbled across it, but if you hit "settings" it takes you through to the posts you have commented on and lets you know if there has been a reply. That's dead handy too and at the moment is still working.

This is the sort of thing I was thinking of. Also think the "tag" would be helpful to link people to relevant posts/comments etc. Sort of cross linking from topic/board etc.

Hi,

I'm just toying with some changes. One of them being the removal of the top stats.

If you click on your name in posts, you can "view forum posts" which shows you all posts you have contributed to. You can also check your thread subscriptions by clicking 'settings' as mentioned.

The "What's New" button shows you the last 30 posts (so similar to the last 20 the stats showed you) and it also extends beyond just 30 if you keep clicking "more" at the bottom of the list.

You can do everything you did with the top stats with the forum already, it was just an extension which made it viewable on the forum homepage in the footer. It's actualy stopping people from browsing the forum normally so I'm just seeing if this improves general navigation use.

Though I can set the stats for various usergroups so I'll pull it back for Arms and Trusted guys perhaps but not for newer forum users who I want get used to how to browse the forum, and make it easier to do so.

Thanks for the update Dan, it was a shock to not see them. It's how I used to get around on the forum. :)

Hi,

I'm just toying with some changes. One of them being the removal of the top stats.

If you click on your name in posts, you can "view forum posts" which shows you all posts you have contributed to. You can also check your thread subscriptions by clicking 'settings' as mentioned.

The "What's New" button shows you the last 30 posts (so similar to the last 20 the stats showed you) and it also extends beyond just 30 if you keep clicking "more" at the bottom of the list.

You can do everything you did with the top stats with the forum already, it was just an extension which made it viewable on the forum homepage in the footer. It's actualy stopping people from browsing the forum normally so I'm just seeing if this improves general navigation use.

Though I can set the stats for various usergroups so I'll pull it back for Arms and Trusted guys perhaps but not for newer forum users who I want get used to how to browse the forum, and make it easier to do so.

The 'whats new' shows last posts wheras the last 20 list was threads, it's all I want back ;)

The 'whats new' shows last posts wheras the last 20 list was threads, it's all I want back ;)

I've stuck it back then for now. But it will be going soon so get used to browsing the forums too! :)

Thanks dan, why does it matter how we browse the forum?

I never want the forum go stale. So new member browsing patterns always interest me. And I tend to find I add a lot of features for members not thinking of the core traffic, the unregistered readers. I'm trying to get them to read more threads and as they naturally won't use the top stats, I need remove it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never want the forum go stale. So new member browsing patterns always interest me. And I tend to find I add a lot of features for members not thinking of the core traffic, the unregistered readers. I'm trying to get them to read more threads and as they naturally won't use the top stats, I need remove it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point.

Can you also wipe all the slates in the Arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Happened To The Top Ten Stats And Latest 20 Posts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock