Search the forum,

Discuss What is this part... of my central heating system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, sorry for the intrusion, not a plumber myself but..

Can someone please identify this part of my central heating system, it has recently sprung a leak.

Many thanks Alan.

rwsl6kooj

Attachments

• IMAG0396.jpg
    IMAG0396.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I would love to, but its Christmas and cant find a local plumber willing to come out tomorrow. At least I now know what to tell them is leaking. thanks Alan.

Looks like a Myson Aerjec. Necessary to drain down below level. Often easier to cut out all round and replace with new unit, short lengths of pipe and straight couplers than heat and pull apart existing solder connections.

Has someone pressurised the system and not remover the air jec? That looks like it's burst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is this part... of my central heating system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday because the radiators were not working it has stopped working, if I go into the loft and press the flame button on and off it seems to come back to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock