Search the forum,

Discuss What on earth is this and why doesn't it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
While a was doing something else a customer asked me why she has no hot water. She has just moved in and there is no gas all electric.

This thing is the 'boiler' ...
20160724_152044.jpg

Looks just an unvented water heater.
I don't like the look of the flexi coming out of it. Surely should be hard piped and with no valve.
Relief valve outlet pipe is not good.
It is a heavy load heater, - must be more than 3kw judging by the cable supplying it.
Basically like an electric shower

Last edited:
judging by the size it looks like an instantaneous water heater for a kitchen sink, has it ever worked?

as mentioned an instantaneous water heater, could have tripped out, often have to pop the cover off to reset them

Weren't these about 6-7 kW, seem to remember something like Galaxy making them.

As grumpy ******** suggested in #5 it could just be the limit switch tripped.

And recommend that it, or its replacement, be repiped correctly.

As grumpy ******** suggested in #5 it could just be the limit switch tripped.

And recommend that it, or its replacement, be repiped correctly.

dont know whether to love you or hate you at times... still last daughter is due to move out soon, if the son hasnt fired her on Monday, which will then involve me evicting him from my other flat and ****ing on his roses, but hey ho life goes on..... Families, cant wait to get rid of them and return to normality after 30 years of hassle. I Might even get to be mellow and relaxed in due course.

Its piped to mi's. Hyco dont want it hard piped. Fitted a few of the 10 and 15 litre models. Flexis stipulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What on earth is this and why doesn't it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock