Search the forum,

Discuss what percentage of fitters own a powerflush machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
With a power flush adding minimum £150-250 to a boiler install and the time needed, I sometimes think i'm one of a few giving the system a full power flush. If your fitting a budget boiler with a one year guarantee why would you worry.
Before I had my own machine I used to hook the system up to the mains and blast it through. What do you think, is a power flusher really needed?

I have one and used it all the time up to a few years ago. Simply put if the system is heavily fouled I’ll flush it otherwise I do a hot flush with cleaner. With the advent of manga clean etc you can check it after and that should help protect the boiler.
It getting tougher to price boiler changes now with a power flush because it adds money and sadly the bloke down the pub will always fit it cheaper if you know what I mean!
Just use your duty of care and do what you’ve trained to do!

I bought a magnacleanse unit a while back and use it on most boiler swaps. works wonders. Although I haven't come across a very badly maintained system in years...mainly because I sway the customer into renewing rads and pipework if they are going from openvented to sealed.

I bought a magnacleanse unit a while back and use it on most boiler swaps. works wonders. Although I haven't come across a very badly maintained system in years...mainly because I sway the customer into renewing rads and pipework if they are going from openvented to sealed.
Powerflush a System after a magnacleanse and see what extra muck you get out.

Open vent to sealed upgrade for me next week Adey m3 in the system since friday and i have had the flushing unit on it for a hour whilst hot to agitat and dissolve any nasties in there it will be drained and flushed and done again before the new boiler cylinder ect is put into service. Cheers kop

If you like the MC3 mate. Wait till you try MC5. Unless you have already and using the 3 as it is a little lighter.

For systems of 10 rads, I allow an extra day to full flush before I even think about connecting any new kit to it

if open vent then power flush is normally what i suggest. sealed i tend to mains flush each rad at a time, unless the old boiler had corrosion issues. magnetic filter on every install bar new system which is then an added option. dont believe in magnacleanse alone, need high flow rates, reverse flow aswell as just a magnet.

yes i own a machine. i like acid chems.

I try my best at pf but i never feel like it's that successful. Recently after a power flush, one rad, on the top floor, didn't heat up but the pipe to the valve was hot- drained a little, to access valve. When I took valve off there was a bit of crud hard as coal sitting in the pipe! Wasn't there before....I then prayed there's not more stuck anywhere else. It is open vented, with circulation problems to grnd floor rads. Y plan and magfilter installed on the flow / not the return-So much more of a problem than I thought... what do I say to the customer?? This is gonna cost you? Should have taken more pics...
IMG_20180312_144721967_crud[1].jpg

With a power flush adding minimum £150-250 to a boiler install and the time needed, I sometimes think i'm one of a few giving the system a full power flush. If your fitting a budget boiler with a one year guarantee why would you worry.
Before I had my own machine I used to hook the system up to the mains and blast it through. What do you think, is a power flusher really needed?
Yes it is definitely needed

I always use my power flush machine and I use it in conjunction with my magna-cleanse at the same time and use a drill attachment on hammer to agitate each rad. I prefer sentinel chemicals myself but each to their own. If the customer doesn't want it doing then they can employ the guy down the pub to fit their boiler. I just go back a month later to put everything right and report it.

Got one don't use it much, when I lived near Ascot it got used all the time down in the SW because of soft water don't seem to get the same level of sludge in the systems + most systems are now sealed and have been so for almost 20 years since combi's became poplar, find here a chemical flush with good quality materials and a good filter do the job.

Got one don't use it much, when I lived near Ascot it got used all the time down in the SW because of soft water don't seem to get the same level of sludge in the systems + most systems are now sealed and have been so for almost 20 years since combi's became poplar, find here a chemical flush with good quality materials and a good filter do the job.
Fitted this the other day on a system, 24 hours before a powerflush. Without any x800 in and that’s what I got out.

A2BF4313-10B0-4EAB-A54C-3D8A70A4215C.jpeg

I always use my power flush machine and I use it in conjunction with my magna-cleanse at the same time and use a drill attachment on hammer to agitate each rad. I prefer sentinel chemicals myself but each to their own. If the customer doesn't want it doing then they can employ the guy down the pub to fit their boiler. I just go back a month later to put everything right and report it.
That’s exactly the way I do it. I would not do an install without doing a flush. Are we not reliable to do at all times a flush when installing a new boiler ... as far as I know we are and therefore there is no cutting corners. I would never cut corners and take the time to do the job right ... no just because I have to but because the customers are paying for it in full and I’m taking pride in my work. I also like sentinel very much but have seen that Aden is very good too. I may try now few times Adey ...

I own a powerflush and always quote with a boiler install. It also justifies 2 of us on a job.

I own a powerflush and always quote with a boiler install. It also justifies 2 of us on a job.
Do you quote including a PF or offer it as an extra ? I find in this area people are more concerned about Price maybe in more affluent areas they will have it done ! out here in the sticks its the cost, unless you are happy to do it for nothing,

Do you quote including a PF or offer it as an extra ? I find in this area people are more concerned about Price maybe in more affluent areas they will have it done ! out here in the sticks its the cost, unless you are happy to do it for nothing,
If they want me to complete the job it is done as standard. Included in the price.

If they don't want the flush I don't want the job..... I'm not that desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what percentage of fitters own a powerflush machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock